Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to wonder if the weak clutch springs are causing the buzz bubble governor to malfunction by giving it a false RPM.

In theory, I feel like it would be spinning up too fast for the governor to even out the mixture, that may be why it's so slow off the start but is fine at WOT

Like when I noticed the problem, you could tap the throttle and it would accelerate fine it seemed like, and if you eased into the throttle it didn't sound like anything was wrong, but if you went 0 - WOT it would bog after the initial acceleration.

I wonder if you have a reed problem. Maybe if the reed block is the same as the 306 you could swap em. Has that one had the carb rebuilt?

Yea, that's what I'm thinking too, I have the carburetor taking a seafoam bath. If that doesn't work then I'm thinking about deactivating the governor.

I just realized that I'm giving both my 306 and that Dayton carb a bath at the same time, they are identical carbs and I didn't mark them before I put them in haha :D

Haha that flash on that axe head looks pretty freakin cool haha

I still need to set the head on mine, to y'all remove any stock to set the heads or do you just hammer it on?
Yeah it actually kinda looks like lightning. And I only sand off whatever material I need to get the head to sit on there how I like it and then I pound it on a little farther then I drive the wedge, then I cut and sand whatever is sticking out of the top

I'll be setting the head in the next few days then!

Also, @Acornhill, the trick with flipping the springs on that clutch worked well enough for me, worked really well for awhile until my carb (or whatever else) crapped out haha

Latest posts

Back