Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get in late and I am 3 pages behind--Funny-Back healing-Can't cut wood yet--Storm trees down--bigger than I will ever see. Working on saws--At least I can still talk on here daily about CAD and etc...Kensie--hang in there--may put them on a shelf and come back later. I got really bummed out the other day. Removing flywheel on a 90cc poulan gear reduction bow saw. Tapped on crank like I have done all these years on small engines and about 3/4 of an inch of crank breaks off--man of all the saws or engines it had to be this one--biggest saw I own.One day I will tell what model saw it is and yall can help me find a used crank!!

I have some kind of funky looking old Poulan. I'll have to dig it out. It's got the carburetor inside the housing with a cover plate. It's old and a big saw. It might have what you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some kind of funky looking old Poulan. I'll have to dig it out. It's got the carburetor inside the housing with a cover plate. It's old and a big saw. It might have what you need

Its a sandcast type. I will have to get a model # It may be common to other saws of that time--thanks for checking--there is hope for me or I may just go back to the exciting world of stamp collecting:numberone: Carb is inside and think it has a plate and fuel cap on both sides

Its a sandcast type. I will have to get a model # It may be common to other saws of that time--thanks for checking--there is hope for me or I may just go back to the exciting world of stamp collecting:numberone:

It's something like this but I don't remember the model. It is missing the wrap handle and clutch cover and maybe more. I don't remember but it did turn over and have a little compression. Its somewhere. I also have a model 33 that runs but it looks like the piston started to score and some one just replaced the rings, I dunno. Anyways, the saw in question looks something like this
be8371012c9f6bcc8945b0b6449e43c7.jpg
(not my saw pictured)

I've had the same problems many times. I have a homelite xl-101. That ran before a carburetor rebuild but not after. An a super pro 60 that would not stop leaking gas out the muffler and it took a NOS carburetor to fix it. My rebuilt pro Mac 700 has an air leak somewhere and has to be gone through again. I know how you feel

I read the homelite xl-101 was like a hotrod for its size. Thoughts??

It's something like this but I don't remember the model. It is missing the wrap handle and clutch cover and maybe more. I don't remember but it did turn over and have a little compression. Its somewhere. I also have a model 33 that runs but it looks like the piston started to score and some one just replaced the rings, I dunno. Anyways, the saw in question looks something like this
be8371012c9f6bcc8945b0b6449e43c7.jpg
(not my saw pictured)

You are in the neighborhood---more hope!!!! Some were green some beige color..I really want to get mine going

You are in the neighborhood---more hope!!!! Some were green some beige color..I really want to get mine going

I'll get it out sometime. I don't have to have much for it. I'll look for it next time I work on saws. Mine is beige in color.

Back