Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking hard about it right now, I don't understand how my luck can be so bad. Almost every saw I have, has problems that stump even experienced people. My luck is rotten...

I've had the same problems many times. I have a homelite xl-101. That ran before a carburetor rebuild but not after. An a super pro 60 that would not stop leaking gas out the muffler and it took a NOS carburetor to fix it. My rebuilt pro Mac 700 has an air leak somewhere and has to be gone through again. I know how you feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is he at a dealer,independent shop or what---
Well, he works for an asphalt company as the mechanic and he drives a semi with a flatbed carrying their equipment around to all the jobsites, he also is certified in hvac work, welding, hes a mad scientist when it comes to single cylinder kohler engines, basically what I'm saying is, we don't hire anybody to do anything, except interior construction work, at that point he calls himself a wood butcher haha, actually he's your ageish, 55

Well I think I know why they won't start, they are using two different HS carburetor, the Poulan uses a 59A and the Dayton uses a 7A

Well that doesn't make me feel better haha
I find sometimes when I've tried everything and something still isn't working, I start over from the very beginning and double check everything, make adjustments, take new measurements, look everything over really well and slow, I almost always find the problem. Maybe you should start as if you just got the saw and are just starting to give it its initial go through.

Fine tooth comb my friend, it's easy to get your s*** crossed when you know something is supposed to work and you can't figure out why it doesnt. It happens to me atleast once a week.

Get in late and I am 3 pages behind--Funny-Back healing-Can't cut wood yet--Storm trees down--bigger than I will ever see. Working on saws--At least I can still talk on here daily about CAD and etc...Kensie--hang in there--may put them on a shelf and come back later. I got really bummed out the other day. Removing flywheel on a 90cc poulan gear reduction bow saw. Tapped on crank like I have done all these years on small engines and about 3/4 of an inch of crank breaks off--man of all the saws or engines it had to be this one--biggest saw I own.One day I will tell what model saw it is and yall can help me find a used crank!!

Latest posts

Back