Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should have bought my poulan pro 455. 70 something cc. I wish I would have known you wanted one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I most likely would have, but I'm kinda tapped out on big saw purchases for awhile, the wife will tolerate small stuff, so that's all I can really do for awhile. I have to save up some money and pay a few bills off.

635576e1e614592a26c895239ceb84cb.jpg

This is the one I bought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took a road trip-no saws seen-Stopped by a old western auto/hardware store . Old man there and I talked a while(Rainstorm outside) He talked about all the pulpwooders using a big circular saw on wheels powered by a Wisconsin engine(1 cyl) with 3 belts.Could be turned vertical or horizontal. He talked about a lot of pulp wooders loosing limbs etc. Dangerous!!!!. He talked about a sales man came in with a poulan saw and told how it would make that buzz saw they sold and serviced obsolete. He said they all laughed at the salesman about it.They just could not see such a small saw replacing it. He talked about all the bows they sold later. He had a chain in a Poulan-Beard box -dated 1950 with wax paper in it. I bought it and he threw in the 1 stihl scabbard. Got home and paper turned out to be 1 whole page of break in/filing instructions. I will post copy 1 day if anyone wants to see it--cool --- David

Because it's the truth. Everybody over here cursing over the Poulans they are working on that won't run right. I'm over here running Stihls having fun lol.
I have never cursed a POULAN----Wait---I think I may have let a couple rip when the crankshaft broke on my 82----Flash Back --aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:(:mad::eek: MAN that was bad..I will get it going 1 day.

Latest posts

Back