Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the long awaited tach today and it works beautifully. Comes with a wire attached, but as long as you hold it pretty close to the plug, it reads fine. Also got a Huztl pole saw gearbox. I couldn't wait until this weekend so I put it on. There is some funny ticking going on with it, but I'm pretty sure it has something do with the repaired chain that I tossed on. Works like a charm though.

I got the long awaited tach today and it works beautifully. Comes with a wire attached, but as long as you hold it pretty close to the plug, it reads fine. Also got a Huztl pole saw gearbox. I couldn't wait until this weekend so I put it on. There is some funny ticking going on with it, but I'm pretty sure it has something do with the repaired chain that I tossed on. Works like a charm though.

Awesome good to hear!!

I still need to rebuild the carb, i also either think it needs rings or the compression release is leaking. Gonna try blocking off the compression release and see what goes, shes just alittle slugish.

I did some work on my cylinder, put in some helicoils in the muffler threads, dang huskys!20170123_190215.jpg

The finished product.....20170123_190239.jpg

Only to find out that I got the wrong dang piston, luckily I have another cylinder that fits the piston I have so the race is on! Measured my squish, it came out to be .026 so I took .026 off the top of the bearing cradle and I will take .018 or .020 off the inside of the cylinder so I will have exactly what I want when I get it all assembled!

Triple port muffler, sandblasted and ready to make a load of racket, it's going to get a 550° satin black high heat paint tomorrow!20170123_200939.jpg

Latest posts

Back