Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a nice used 066 cylinder from a member here and I just ordered an 066 meteor piston. Things are coming together. I already have a set of bearings and seals. I have a brand new set of wiesco cir clips. I am wondering if I should use them instead of the supplied clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My saw time is gonna go down soon as well, as im gettin an old ford 9n up and running to pull out milling logs with. Problem is ive got two saws on the way and another potential two more. Plus like three more sandcast that need goin through
There just isnt enough hours in a day.:nofunny:

How many of the collectors have husqavarna L77 ? If so any in service . New to the forums still trying to figure it all out.
Woodblocker55
Welcome to AS! What part of MN are you from? Seeing as you are new, I feel like I should warn you that being on here may cause severe CAD flare-ups.
I do not have an L77, but from my limited experience, they seem like a pretty good saw. Looking at getting one or what? I wouldn't mind having one, but then again, I say that about every saw.

How many of the collectors have husqavarna L77 ? If so any in service . New to the forums still trying to figure it all out.
Woodblocker55
Howdy there, I don't have any vintage Husqvarna saws as there was no dealer support for them in my area, I come across a lot of old Poulans macs and homelite....

This is the thread where a few unruly and eccentric fellas like to hang out like that @LonestarStihl guy, your more than welcome to stay

Welcome friend, i also do not have an
L77, but all of us here on this thread will talk about any kind of saws! None of us here are experts but we all try to learn from each other as much as possible. Do you have an L77? How big are they?

Howdy there, I don't have any vintage Husqvarna saws as there was no dealer support for them in my area, I come across a lot of old Poulans macs and homelite....

This is the thread where a few unruly and eccentric fellas like to hang out like that @LonestarStihl guy, your more than welcome to stay

Hey now I resemble that remark. I don't have any old huskies. Not too attracted to them. I need to order a flywheel key for the old 041. But today my 660 flipped a wig on me and I've been too pissed to even focus.

I don't have as many oldies as you guys but in growing. Have the 041 and 40v and I have another 041 coming eventually. The 70v is paid for and should be shipped out tomorrow. I'm also still considering the 041 super but it's $300 shipped ...

quick poll... should I buy an 041 super for $300 shipped?!?!? It'd be my last saw for quite some time.

Hey now I resemble that remark. I don't have any old huskies. Not too attracted to them. I need to order a flywheel key for the old 041. But today my 660 flipped a wig on me and I've been too pissed to even focus.

I don't have as many oldies as you guys but in growing. Have the 041 and 40v and I have another 041 coming eventually. The 70v is paid for and should be shipped out tomorrow. I'm also still considering the 041 super but it's $300 shipped ...

quick poll... should I buy an 041 super for $300 shipped?!?!? It'd be my last saw for quite some time.
I heard what happened, and as always, do what ya gotta do haha

What gave out on the 660? Tough call on the 041. I love another saw just as much as the next person, but I would probably wait.

What gave out on the 660? Tough call on the 041. I love another saw just as much as the next person, but I would probably wait.

Well the rpm at wot was hitting around 15.5k which is crazy high and would not come down with richening high side. Eventually somehow the bar nuts came off along with the clutch cover and bar and the chain went sailing some 20' away. I never even saw the chain come off and had to search the yard for it. It was a nice near extreme pain/death experience but I was more pissed my saw wasn't performing well. It also broke the chain tensioner screw in the process. Don't know if anything else yet I haven't visited her again.

Well the rpm at wot was hitting around 15.5k which is crazy high and would not come down with richening high side. Eventually somehow the bar nuts came off along with the clutch cover and bar and the chain went sailing some 20' away. I never even saw the chain come off and had to search the yard for it. It was a nice near extreme pain/death experience but I was more pissed my saw wasn't performing well. It also broke the chain tensioner screw in the process. Don't know if anything else yet I haven't visited her again.
Yikes no kidding! I would have been pretty PO too, glad you didn't end up getting hurt though. I get plenty scared when the clutch cover comes off without a bar, let alone slinging a chain. You're going to have to tell me what you find when you go back and look at it, very odd indeed.

Back