Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat looking old homies i spy a mall 1 or 2mg also, i dont have any of those models so im not a good judge of value some others on here have some if theyll chime in. One thing to be sure of on those old dogs is corrosion, be sure to inspect the insides of the fuel tanks for white death (corrosion).
Mall? I spy a McCulloch SP125!

Not vintage but I picked up a stihl 036, ms361 and 025 from my dealers junk pile for $25. Best of all, the 361 looks like it has a good cylinder so I can probably rebuild it and replace the missing parts with huztl parts and get it going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not vintage but I picked up a stihl 036, ms361 and 025 from my dealers junk pile for $25. Best of all, the 361 looks like it has a good cylinder so I can probably rebuild it and replace the missing parts with huztl parts and get it going

Sounds like a good one for the you suck thread. I'd do OEM parts replacement personally but that's me. You'll do better in the long one and resale if need be.

Sounds like a good one for the you suck thread. I'd do OEM parts replacement personally but that's me. You'll do better in the long one and resale if need be.

The ms361 mainly needs plastic covers and a muffler. I have had good luck with those parts. I sometimes use aftermarket bearings and they seem okay. I will not use aftermarket pistons or cylinders except meteor or tecomec.

The ms361 mainly needs plastic covers and a muffler. I have had good luck with those parts. I sometimes use aftermarket bearings and they seem okay. I will not use aftermarket pistons or cylinders except meteor or tecomec.

I gotya.

I gotta ask mine about junk saws when I go for some supplies next time.

Yup, found a good use for my poulan... cutting a 32' beam out of a church my friend is re-modeling. Nothing cuts nails like a saw you don't care about [emoji3]
Got my saw running in for the night tho!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170425/
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170425/cd812b5d9436d1de54b287d12ccb4766.jpg
49a682919b216987453256b573c975af.jpg

Latest posts

Back