Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rehandled a very lightly used keen kutter today after work, although the grain and the straightness of the handle was perfect, I didn't pay attention to the fact that the split for the wedge wasn't complete, I have a hole in the front where the handle goes through..... wasn't happy about it:nofunny:

I hope you didnt burn the beam you cut out

It's in 3 to 5 foot chunks... there was no way to lower the beam in one piece and we couldn't let it drop, no clearance. There are some nice pieces that would make a sweet mantle or something though. I would have loved removing it intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would make an awesome mantle. If I live closer I'd hit you up lol. Be fun to have the history behind it

A nice old 1845 church in a small hamlet in the Finger Lakes region of New York... I can ship you a piece [emoji3]

lol guess it's time for a visit to NY! I'll hook you up with a Deere or two while you are here...

Hmmmm now you're talking. My wife has been wanting to get up there. We have an old friend from there. They live closer to or in the big city. Not my cup of tea but I'd try it for an hour

Hmmmm now you're talking. My wife has been wanting to get up there. We have an old friend from there. They live closer to or in the big city. Not my cup of tea but I'd try it for an hour

You'd like it more where I am... nearest neighbor is a quarter mile away, plenty of saws and tractors and toys to play with! Plus I have lake Ontario 20 minutes away with great deep lake fishing for pike Muskie lake trout etc.

You'd like it more where I am... nearest neighbor is a quarter mile away, plenty of saws and tractors and toys to play with! Plus I have lake Ontario 20 minutes away with great deep lake fishing for pike Muskie lake trout etc.

I bet it's beautiful! If I ever get up there I'll make sure to stop in! Maybe I'll tell my wife it's time to go lol

I bet it's beautiful! If I ever get up there I'll make sure to stop in! Maybe I'll tell my wife it's time to go lol

If I had a guest bedroom I'd give you a place to stay even. Unfortunately 3 small children and a wife take up too much space. We can send the women away and fish and cut and drink!

If I had a guest bedroom I'd give you a place to stay even. Unfortunately 3 small children and a wife take up too much space. We can send the women away and fish and cut and drink!

Haha it's all good. I have two small ones and the third on the way so I'm working my way to you. I'm all about sitting out fishing and cutting and knocking back some cold ones or a nice glass of bourbon

Haha it's all good. I have two small ones and the third on the way so I'm working my way to you. I'm all about sitting out fishing and cutting and knocking back some cold ones or a nice glass of bourbon

Sounds like a good time to me!
Here's the view from my porch in the morning for Coffee
32d1e5756137711ab1d16083e866701c.jpg

Hopefully you got a boy in there somewhere? I have three girls and a wife! Three woman it the house, glad my shop Is Across the road!

Hopefully you got a boy in there somewhere? I have three girls and a wife! Three woman it the house, glad my shop Is Across the road!

Sounds like a good time to me!
Here's the view from my porch in the morning for Coffee
32d1e5756137711ab1d16083e866701c.jpg

Beautiful view! And coffee speaks to my heart! Lol

I have 2 boys already praise the Lord. I'm hoping for a third boy but we will see.

Back