Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you cut down someone's deer stand to hit that many nails. [emoji28]

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
Yeah, you would think so but it was only a 12'' oak in the middle of a town lot lol. It wouldn't have been a problem except that micro picco chain is so darn easy to break. Probably didn't help being a first time operator and a dealing with a partially fallen hung-up tree.

Good to hear it running. Did you polish the piston up?

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
I did nothing to it, swapped out the soft parts in the carburetor with a good used set, modified the idle adjustment because the spring was too big, but after fighting with it for two days it finally started up, I think there was a little bit of water in the crankcase when I got it, but I drained it and kept priming it until all of the water was dried out and it would pull from the tank.

1917c20e48e7c328cebb221820148c41.jpg
07d7e1f955887a23e89a2e56cde26cc0.jpg

Sorry to break up the regular saw talk but I'm pretty excited to have some new kiddos in the family!

1917c20e48e7c328cebb221820148c41.jpg
07d7e1f955887a23e89a2e56cde26cc0.jpg

Sorry to break up the regular saw talk but I'm pretty excited to have some new kiddos in the family!
More pics while their cute! Doesn't take very long for that to change. Also, that doesn't look like the byproduct of chainsaw testing what they are laying on...unless you have a new toy you're reluctant to show us!

Well it's not a saw, but it's close... Have you ever seen/watched 'That Chipper Guy' on YT? He runs a big Morbark flail chipper and produces some sweet looking chips. Too bad they all go to a power plant and become fuel.

I know they don't use a saw but I'm saying it'd be cool lol. If you could physically handle it I've looked at getting a chipper actually but don't have the money to pull the trigger

I know they don't use a saw but I'm saying it'd be cool lol. If you could physically handle it I've looked at getting a chipper actually but don't have the money to pull the trigger
Gosh, I would love a chipper also. I hate hauling all the brush from these side jobs in the truck to the dump. Get all scratched up loading it, and it's a miserable tangled mess to get out.

Latest posts

Back