Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here is my sad saw story for the day...

Saw a neighbor had a large tree...say about 30+ inches...he was trying to cut down with an old husky with a 16-18" bar. I went offered to help at which time he tells me the husky is his friend's saw and he just seized it up. Said it started sputtering then smoking and stopped. I was sad because it looked clean on the outside so I went over to take a look at what he was running... husky 266xp. My heart sank. He seized his friend's 266xp.

I keep a few later model Poulan's around for loaner saws. Wouldn't loan out anything where I would have heartburn if it got destroyed, damaged, seized, etc.

I don't have an addiction to Echos... I can quit any time! Here's the runners...
7bf5b4c4289c06040abb45c5ad71d7e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel really stupid right now...
Had a pile of people over today for a shooting event, had a great time. Ate grilled burgers and brats. As people were leaving, some friends saw inside of the garage and wanted to see a few saws run. Conversation carried to a Mac SP125, which currently has a stubby bar and large sprocket. I told them how fast is cuts, and got them all worked up to see it run.

Well, my log was too short, so as I started cutting, the log was thrown off of my holder. After replacing the log, I made three cuts, down-up-down, and it was super slow because I didn't let it warm up long enough. A 60cc saw would have cut the log faster. After I shut it off, they all kinda looked at me funny and sarcastically said "yeh, that's fast alright..."
I bragged, and ended up making myself look really stupid because I was in a hurry and didn't have an adequate log. Lesson learned.

So what did you do today?

Beginning of the day was really pretty nasty, but ended quite well. Went to the flea market and found two macs (need to transfer phone photos to computer first, then I will show) as well as a draw knife. I finally got to mill with the 361 after my new improvements. The milling chain helps an enormous amount, both on cut quality and power usage. But it was not all paradise. The oiler on the 361 works much better now, but still looking for a HO oiler for a 460 at some point and just as I was refueling at the very end of the day, the flip fuel cap refused to work anymore.:mad: Leaking all over the place and will not start now. Will have to contact huztl and see about that failure.

Also big news was at the flea market, a kid around my age saw me holding those two saws and asked if I collected saws. Of course I said yes, and he said that his dad has about 20 or so saws that have been hanging in the shed for the last 20 years or so and would like to get rid of them. He himself also has some even older saws that he has worked on that he would be willing to toss in. Gave him a card, so fingers crossed I will be getting a call at some point!!!

Latest posts

Back