Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never took the saw apart before. I was slightly concerned that the seal was leaking, as I never replaced it when I buggered it up originally. Took the oil pump off and it was as clean as a whistle. Worst fears proved false. The saw is all put back together now with a modded oiler. It seems like it oils much more now, but it may just be the placebo effect. Will have to see when I mill this weekend. Fingers crossed.

I figure I can cut for thirty minutes then have to sit down and rest my neck, knees and back. Will have ear protection so I don't get a migraine, hat getting those. Almost as bad when my neck starts hurting, it starts at the back of my neck and go's to my eyes. Feels like my head is going to explode. Was taking 5 aspirins at a time til my wive told me to stop taking them, said it was making my blood to thin and not good on my heart so she got me some Aleve.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

What's everyone's long weekend looking like? Mowing for me as well as some chainsaw milling. Also going to a flea market tomorrow afternoon so we will see what I find. Hopeful to find a saw like a 10-10 but will probably just get some axes and the like.
I bet I know where you can find a 10 10 in the next few weeks

What's everyone's long weekend looking like? Mowing for me as well as some chainsaw milling. Also going to a flea market tomorrow afternoon so we will see what I find. Hopeful to find a saw like a 10-10 but will probably just get some axes and the like.

Lots and lots of work. Night shift this weekend and will be plenty busy!

I figure I can cut for thirty minutes then have to sit down and rest my neck, knees and back. Will have ear protection so I don't get a migraine, hat getting those. Almost as bad when my neck starts hurting, it starts at the back of my neck and go's to my eyes. Feels like my head is going to explode. Was taking 5 aspirins at a time til my wive told me to stop taking them, said it was making my blood to thin and not good on my heart so she got me some Aleve.

That's rough when you have to figure out how to enjoy what you like. Wish you the best and hopefully you can start getting relief. I personally like aleve(naproxen) the most. It works the best for all my back issues

Well this is the way it will be for the rest of my life. I've got use to having the pain and know what I need to do to try and lessen it. I sit a good bit at work because of my knees. Boss thought I was sleeping in a car the other day, told him my knee was throbbing and my neck was starting to hurt, said ok.

Started on my Pioneer 650--Man I really enjoy tearing into and discovering just how well these old saws are made. Screen filter at fuel pickup line then felt filter at old school glass bowl--How cool is that!! The muffler is a series of walls with louvers and real stylish on the outside. Air filter is a brass screen with leather gasket at edge then felt screen-well made. Pump oiler much like a pump oil can-heavy made. Oil and fuel caps retained by internal chain in tanks. It has a separate cylinder head (6 Head bolts). Piston and cyl. look good.Pulled plug-I turned the flywheel with my hand --not that fast and made big blue spark--hot mag. Never done that with any small gas engine-Always had to use pull cord for speed to make spark. Not that heavy for 103cc's .Thinking about cleaning and painting it--Any tips on pioneers and paint that gas won't wash off. Clean-carb kit-fuel line and make some gaskets--assemble and run.The clutch is 2 and 1/2 inches wide-heavy duty:sweet:--David--Be on the lookout for longer bar--not much for it looks like----

Marinated grilled T bone cut pork chops and some lodge 12 inch dutch oven beans--may do a pineapple upside down cake for dessert. If yall never tried it you should--Walmart sells the lodge dutch oven with legs--I use charcoal---I am up to 3 dutch ovens--Fun Family time I tell you. Use dutch oven liners made of parchment paper-camp section at wal mart--David--Did I say I collect castiron??:drinkingcoffee:

Latest posts

Back