Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am. Move went well and I am doing good so far. Not my first college rodeo, so some of the stuff they are having us do this weekend is old stuff for me. Getting along with my roommate fine so far, seems like a nice kid. Classes start Monday so that will be excited, not really but... Only thing I'm not liking so far is breakfast doesn't open nearly as early as I want it too.
What are you studying? I went to school but I commuted, mostly cause I had to work 40 hours a week at the same time. Man I wish I had gone to a 4 year to do what I had always wanted. I'm happy where I'm at and I'm making good money but I'm putting in 60+ hours a week to do it.

Keep your nose in them books bro and make college your b****. It'll pay off for you.

Speaking of which, I just got back from cutting up a good sized oak with dad. Did a little test and tune with a few saws I ported and ran a few that I haven't run since I bought em.

Went pretty well. The poulan 336 that I ported is super Torquey for 54cc I believe it's gonna be a fantastic firewood saw. I have no doubt that it would pull that 20 inch bar with 3/8 full chisel chain with an 8 pin. I have another cylinder with a modified recipe to what's on it. I think I'm moving in the right direction.

And the ported jonsered 2159, well it's deadly fast.

The Makita, smooth operator as always, when it's not cutting wood it's stealing your girl.

The 390xpg, loud and eats big wood for a snack.

My Pro Mac 60 Bow, I let dad try it out once, and I couldn't hardly get it back from him.20170819_090416.jpg 20170819_090423.jpg 20170819_095358.jpg 20170819_095406.jpg

That's right @LonestarStihl, when there's real work to be done, the stihls stay on the shelf. Although, I only own one now that's my 170 with my carving setup on it.

Well you wouldn't want to make the others look bad or else they'd go on the shelf. Only a man can handle a Stihl. [emoji57]heck you could probably carve the tree into different forms faster than the others cut [emoji23]

I'll leave that for y'all haters to stew on [emoji23]. But really I love you guys :)

Well you wouldn't want to make the others look bad or else they'd go on the shelf. Only a man can handle a Stihl. [emoji57]heck you could probably carve the tree into different forms faster than the others cut [emoji23]

I'll leave that for y'all haters to stew on [emoji23]. But really I love you guys :)
Yes, for sure, the Stihl 361 will way out cut my Mac 250

I know a guy who bought the battery saw to see what it was all about and he enjoyed it he said. I'd switch the green label out with some yellow

Back