Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thang runs like a hot saw. [emoji106]

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
It did anyway...

Now it has no spark.
Right after I made that video, I took the clutch off (again) to try different springs (again). When I put the clutch back on, and tried to restart it, I couldn't get it to even pop.

So I pulled the spark plug. Sure enough, no spark. Tried a few different plugs (from running saws) with no luck.

Took the flywheel off, and triple checked everything. Points are gapped to .015", and they're not pitted or oily... The gap between the coil and flywheel is a snug .010".

Next I looked for a short somewhere. Nothing to be found, but just to be sure, I put shrink-wrap on all the wires.

Still no spark... So I put a different kill-switch on the 820, the "new" switch came from a saw that has spark.

Still nothing, so I tried a different condenser. No luck.

Only thing left is the coil... But the thing that I can't figure out is why would it run like a champ, then suddenly not have spark? Not only that, but I've never seen a coil go bad before..?
Any ideas?

(P.S., sorry for hijacking your thread)

So what sucks, is when you have a saw scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, then you get an email saying it's been moved to Thursday, then you go to bed Thursday knowing your package will be there when you get up in the afternoon, but when you get up no package.......

Then you have to go to work and still no package now I have to wait til 12 tomorrow afternoon to get it hopefully, but when I get home i gotta go straight to bed to go back to work then leave for Chicago Saturday morning right after work......

It's looking like Sunday or Monday before I'll get to open the box up.......

So what sucks, is when you have a saw scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, then you get an email saying it's been moved to Thursday, then you go to bed Thursday knowing your package will be there when you get up in the afternoon, but when you get up no package.......

Then you have to go to work and still no package now I have to wait til 12 tomorrow afternoon to get it hopefully, but when I get home i gotta go straight to bed to go back to work then leave for Chicago Saturday morning right after work......

It's looking like Sunday or Monday before I'll get to open the box up.......

That does suck...I know the feeling. Had one rescheduled for the next day and I left for a 1.5 week deployment and was planning to take it with me. Had to wait til I got back actually happened a couple times [emoji19]

That does suck...I know the feeling. Had one rescheduled for the next day and I left for a 1.5 week deployment and was planning to take it with me. Had to wait til I got back actually happened a couple times [emoji19]
They don't give y'all saws when they deploy yall, man the stinks. Make good door breachers and who would it not scare on the other side to hear a loud saw coming in after them.

They don't give y'all saws when they deploy yall, man the stinks. Make good door breachers and who would it not scare on the other side to hear a loud saw coming in after them.

I'm buying a slightly busted up 576xp for work [emoji57]

Latest posts

Back