Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 601736 View attachment 601734 Cad has hit hard this time. Got a super xl auto--Seems to be all original saw--clean-clean-nicest original saw I have ever had-killer compression-runs perfect. David :sweet::sweet: Price--I will never tell--Having and using it and looking at this fine machine--PRICELESS!!!!!
That is definitely a Saw I'm jealous of! Great find!

I'd be even jealous of a mini mac right about now. Being away from my tools hurts me, and when I do go home, I have a million other projects so I don't get to work on them. Probably have seen the trading post, but check out this Homelite 450. Someone on here needs it besides me lol. It's got me drooling with that full wrap. I'd need to sell or trade my mac 250 before I could get it though.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/homelite-450.313220/

Got a little saw time in today, didn't have the generator at the farm so I had to cut rafters with a chainsaw. Hard to cut by a line, mainly when you got to split a 2x8 down the middle to make a 2x4, dad was 2 short on his count, plus had to cut the posts to the finish height.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

I'd be even jealous of a mini mac right about now. Being away from my tools hurts me, and when I do go home, I have a million other projects so I don't get to work on them. Probably have seen the trading post, but check out this Homelite 450. Someone on here needs it besides me lol. It's got me drooling with that full wrap. I'd need to sell or trade my mac 250 before I could get it though.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/homelite-450.313220/

I have a couple eager beaver style Mac projects. Let me know and I'll mail you one

Sale that Mac, get the Homie, work on it in the dorm, done told ya how to make a work shop in your room. I still like David's Homie. I'm still curious about that little black button.

Need to get it working better before I think of selling it, and even at that I don't think it's going to go for less that $150 with all the new parts on it. Don't worry, I really want the Homie. Anyone want to buy a running (albeit very badly) early 60's Mac 250 so I can upgrade? On another note I'd possibly trade it towards a 90cc class stihl or husky project saw, or purchase a project saw outright.
I have a couple eager beaver style Mac projects. Let me know and I'll mail you one
I'll let you know when I'm that bored. Got some other projects in the pipeline yet and still have 3 saws that need work yet.

Those little saws will make you go bald fast.

Wanna bet! I've been using Matlab the last couple of weeks for school. I'm mostly fine, there isn't much hair left to loose and I've gained a new level of patience. So yeah, I'm ready to tackle a mini-mac. Eager beaver's are a little new for my tastes.

Sorry if my humor is a bit dry tonight. Been a long last couple of days for me with tests and all. Ready for this college experience to be over. I'm not the party type, and with the football game tonight there was no shortage of those going on. After all, who has money to party when you are saving for your next saw purchase? My folks worry some, but I'm all good, you guys help to keep me on the straight path by luring me with all those tantalizing saw finds.

Hows it fellas, Mark here again with a couple of ??? Earlier this month I bought a McCulloch 1-53 and told you guys I would keep you posted, so here goes.

Could not get the old girl lit, diagnosis compression 70psi, so decided to go do complete tear down, cylinder a little rough but a light hone job should do the trick, coil, points, condenser all good shape, reed valve looks good, will replace all gaskets, o-rings etc, manual oil pump a little rough new o-rings should do the trick, besides the cylinder and piston it's in good shape.

So here is the question,
Uncaged Needle bearings I hate uncaged needle bearings especially on the main!!!! So years back when I was a young lad I was taught to install needle bearings with grease to contain them. Is this the proper way to install in a saw or do you fellas have a better way?

As always your advice is much appreciated.

Mark

P.S.
Will send pics during reassembly.

Hows it fellas, Mark here again with a couple of ??? Earlier this month I bought a McCulloch 1-53 and told you guys I would keep you posted, so here goes.

Could not get the old girl lit, diagnosis compression 70psi, so decided to go do complete tear down, cylinder a little rough but a light hone job should do the trick, coil, points, condenser all good shape, reed valve looks good, will replace all gaskets, o-rings etc, manual oil pump a little rough new o-rings should do the trick, besides the cylinder and piston it's in good shape.

So here is the question,
Uncaged Needle bearings I hate uncaged needle bearings especially on the main!!!! So years back when I was a young lad I was taught to install needle bearings with grease to contain them. Is this the proper way to install in a saw or do you fellas have a better way?

As always your advice is much appreciated.

Mark

P.S.
Will send pics during reassembly.
That's what I would use, or tranny assembly lube, it's like a wax type consistency with a low melting point, heat it up and it gets fluid like then smear it on the needle bearings and put them in place. It would melt right out and burn up the first time you use it.

Thanks for the info. I figured it would be ok just checking, cause I've never done needles on a main and a 2 stroke at that, just the occasional gear box over the years.
As long as it is regular petroleum based grease it should blend with the fuel. One way you could check would be to take some of the grease you are using and mix it with some gas, as long as it dissolves when you stir it up it should be fine

Back