Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you ever need some parts for the 1-53 I have a parts saw that I would be willing to take parts off of. It had spark and the piston looked really good, but I'm reluctant to repair it since it is missing some expensive covers, and because of the Mag rot on the handle.

If you ever need some parts for the 1-53 I have a parts saw that I would be willing to take parts off of. It had spark and the piston looked really good, but I'm reluctant to repair it since it is missing some expensive covers, and because of the Mag rot on the handle.

Mine is missing the felling dogs or dog, I don't know if it came with one or two. I was thinking about making a set but if you have them I'd be interested if I get this thing running. Also I'm missing the "I assume", rubber boot that mounts on the air box cover in line with the carb adjustment screws.

Those 120SI's are awesome saws. Great power for a 30 some year old saw.
I use them all the time in my little firewood biz. Got a few hours on one today.
I have three that are set up just like yours with full wraps.
I was super impressed with it! It will most likely be my go to Saw moving forward, I have several good ones but nothing that runs like that one does, for its size and weight of course.

Mine is missing the felling dogs or dog, I don't know if it came with one or two. I was thinking about making a set but if you have them I'd be interested if I get this thing running. Also I'm missing the "I assume", rubber boot that mounts on the air box cover in line with the carb adjustment screws.
I'm missing the clutch cover on my 1-50 and that is the only place where the dogs mount so you are out of luck there. However, I have a dog on my mac 250 that I would be more than happy to get a pattern of so you can make one. The rubber grommet is also a common missing element. Let me dig around on my phone and I will try to find a picture of what my diy solution was. It was basically 3 pieces of EPDM with contact adhesive to bond it together. Works pretty good and looks way better than tape over the opening.

Here's the grommet I made.
fd8de008f8f36d1570b4f4b54a8c8a97.jpg
e7343ce8bfef4a1823cf4d606185da55.jpg
6efc5c791a174d83ddf0e5dfb830f869.jpg

I like the fix for the air box. Dementions on the dog would be cool.

Just had this given to me today another project runs great just a clean up and I have a new Christmas tree saw. it maybe a little new for the lounge but it's vintage to me.
View attachment 602031 View attachment 602032
Yeah, my fix was kinda ugly first attempt and the adhesive is beginning to fail but that was my fault for not prepping it right.. Going to make a better one at some point. I will be sure to get a trace out of the dog when I go back home from school next time. It will be a couple of weeks though. Nice stihl as well, you will fit right in with Lonestar and myself. The other members of this forum seem to like other brands more for some strange reason. :confused: 031 still fits in the vintage category for me. My term of vintage is everything pre 90' or so.

I like the fix for the air box. Dementions on the dog would be cool.

Just had this given to me today another project runs great just a clean up and I have a new Christmas tree saw. it maybe a little new for the lounge but it's vintage to me.
View attachment 602031 View attachment 602032
Nah, nothing is too new for the lounge, just because we collect vintage saws don't mean we don't like the new ones as well!

For what saw. Not sure if most Mac's used the same needle. I have some good
used ones out of 797's and 125's. I can send you a few if you want.

I think 797 needles will work. I believe I have a 740 or 797 with a MC100 kart motor installed. I'll send you a PM. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back