Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that would be something yall would be interested in you can PM me a town near you and I will do that.

I was thinking it would probably be in Tennessee just north of the Mississippi, Alabama Line. I think that is the middle for the majority of us. except for our two in Minnesota, that would probably shift it to northern Tennessee maybe If I knew everyones hometown I could put the points into my mapping software and get the Geometric center of all of our locations.

+1 in Wisconsin, should move it to southern Illinois [emoji6]

That's what some of us is use too, marshmallow roast with 50' poles and running a saw. Nice and warm.
29dfab05b7a0a0cc5e974df48e13474a.jpg

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Yea I would have to say you are the youngest, but not by much, I believe @Mac&Homelite was 18 before he found this thread and probably younger still when he got bit.
Man it got busy on here tonight! :)I have been stalking the site since I was about 16 when I had to work on some saws, and didn't get an actual account until I was 18. I had also read through many of the posts on this thread shortly after it's creation so I was somewhat acquainted with the members before I became a regular on here. Welcome aboard, and prepare to be broke!

Northfield, MN for me! And no Lonestar, you don't need heated handles up in the north, you need to toughen up. Heated handles are for sissies and those who like be comfortable while cutting in the winter, of which I am neither. I still haven't done much for the 40cc race, kind of got lost this summer working on getting my other saws up and running. Right now only three run, and as of now four need work.

And hard of hearing with those loud mufflers, wear hearing protection. Now they tell me.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
+1 for real! I wish I would have worn em more in my early teens. Spend some $ on a good pair so you want to wear them. Same goes for all the other PPE I have purchased. I never regret spending the extra and buying the nice stuff. Heck, I even enjoy wearing my promark chaps most of the time.

Northfield, MN for me! And no Lonestar, you don't need heated handles up in the north, you need to toughen up. Heated handles are for sissies and those who like be comfortable while cutting in the winter, of which I am neither. I still haven't done much for the 40cc race, kind of got lost this summer working on getting my other saws up and running. Right now only three run, and as of now four need work.

Hey little buckaroo our blood is made for the heat. I’d rather sweat than freeze any day of the year. We have a few weeks out of the year that is cold and that’s generally about it. I’d gladly let some yanks come down here and run some saws. Get you a taste of God’s country!!

Hey little buckaroo our blood is made for the heat. I’d rather sweat than freeze any day of the year. We have a few weeks out of the year that is cold and that’s generally about it. I’d gladly let some yanks come down here and run some saws. Get you a taste of God’s country!!
Nope, I've worked in my fair share of hot weather and would rather freeze any day of the year. You can always put on more layers, but for some reason people don't like it when you take off too many layers...and who says it's not God's country up north? Admittedly, the politics get very, very old, but other than that it's not a terrible place to live. Here at school we got down to the low 20's this morning. You wake up quick going to breakfast.

Nope, I've worked in my fair share of hot weather and would rather freeze any day of the year. You can always put on more layers, but for some reason people don't like it when you take off too many layers...and who says it's not God's country up north? Admittedly, the politics get very, very old, but other than that it's not a terrible place to live. Here at school we got down to the low 20's this morning. You wake up quick going to breakfast.

But the more layers you put on affects your mobility and dexterity. And haven’t you heard? God blessed Texas with his own hand. Sent down angels from the promised land. [emoji57]if you don’t listen to older county you may not know that one. You could count the number of days we go below freezing on one hand for a full year. And chances are you won’t even use all your fingers lol.

Back