Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is this you are working on? If it is a lauson power products carb parts are pretty readily available @Modifiedmark helped me out a lot with one I had on a sears D44 saw.
Yes I'm working on a Power Products AH-82 on a Montgomery Wards WD-95.

I've been through the carb three times, rebuilt it, put a new fuel pump element in it, and cleaned all the passages. Even had the Welch plugs out. It will not get enough fuel, even with a very restrictive air filter. It passes a pressure/vac test.

Edit: I even purposely reversed the order of the gasket and diaphragm in hopes of getting it to pump more fuel that way... It didn't help one bit.

The saw starts in a few pulls, and idles great. Revs up nicely, but will not 4-stroke at WOT, no matter where the carb is set. It runs lean and dies in the cut.

Yes I'm working on a Power Products AH-82 on a Montgomery Wards WD-95.

I've been through the carb three times, rebuilt it, put a new fuel pump element in it, and cleaned all the passages. Even had the Welch plugs out. It will not get enough fuel, even with a very restrictive air filter. It passes a pressure/vac test.

Edit: I even purposely reversed the order of the gasket and diaphragm in hopes of getting it to pump more fuel that way... It didn't help one bit.

The saw starts in a few pulls, and idles great. Revs up nicely, but will not 4-stroke at WOT, no matter where the carb is set. It runs lean and dies in the cut.

Sounds like its still restricted somewhere. Did you run it through a Ultrasonic cleaner? If not I would try that.

Pictures at my churchs Mens Wild Game Dinner -Baseball player Daryl Strawbeery was guest speaker--The church let me display some saws and other stuff I like--Had a blast-- View attachment 636694 View attachment 636695 View attachment 636696 View attachment 636697 View attachment 636701 View attachment 636702 View attachment 636702
I'm a few days behind on the news front, so just a brief chime-in.. Daryl Strawberry? IN PERSON?!!. may date me but WAY up the list of favorite players both on and off the field. I am green with envy.. And by the way, nice saws. BUT, Daryl Strawberry!!??

Old news here--I guess I am Just to frugal to get into the sthil line--except for my scored up $25 ms 390 with good bar-on the shelf for now--looking at aftermarket parts--David:drinkingcoffee:
I'm thinking if you sold one or two of the ones you have you might be able to afford one, and fill that bean can up by the little cook stove :sweet::lol:.
Great collection there, that takes a lot of work :numberone:.

Latest posts

Back