VP Fuels in Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks to be a good fuel. How much does it run? The only one that I though looked better was the Motorsport 101. Here's a nice PDF comparing the two. LINK

"This 101 octane (R+M/2) fuel makes more power than StreetBlaze 100, along with better throttle response and better detonation protection. It contains no metal compounds and won't harm catalytic converters or oxygen sensors."

last season i could get it at 6.75 a gallon....... wonder how much it would be in the off season:dizzy:

Have you ever tried turbo blue 110 racig fuel. my friend ran it in his racing saws and they all sat for ten years or so and started right up on it. Ithink the last time i bought it it was like 4.50 a gallon that was two summers ago.

Just a comment on fuels. Higher octane than what the engine needs to avoid detonation will result in less power and unburnt fuel going out the exhaust. Higher octane fuels burn slower than lower octane, so if the compression ratio of the engine doesn't require 112, running 112 will only cost money and make less power than running 100 or 93. IMHO, the best fuel would be the lowest octane that keeps pinging away. Alcohol (Ethanol or Methanol) aren't all bad and if tuned properly will make more power than straight gasoline. But do require richer mixtures.

Why not mix in some fuel stabilizer with every can of mix? I add a couple ounces to my premix that's going to sit for awhile. I've had a gallon in a closed container with stabilizer for 6-9 months here in western PA without a problem. The saws & trimmers don't seem to have any issues if fuel is left in the tank either. I do seem to have better luck with Valero, Gulf or Kwik Fill. The only water problem I've ever had was from Exxon.

Stabilizer just prevents gasoline from breaking down, doesn't do anything to the ETOH. Back in NW PA we usually get Shell, Amoco, or Kwik Fill. Lot more variety in fuel back there, up here it is not so easy.

Stupid Question or statement but the oxygenated part of any race or street fuel is Ethanol (Alcohol). So if you don't want to run ethanol in your saw then why not run AV fuel or Unoxygenated Fuels.

Have you ever tried turbo blue 110 racig fuel. my friend ran it in his racing saws and they all sat for ten years or so and started right up on it. Ithink the last time i bought it it was like 4.50 a gallon that was two summers ago.

I want to stay under 100 octane if possible for the reasons Raz mentioned.

The VP dealer called me back this morning, the price dropped Thursday on SEF94. It's down to $11/gallon, not too bad and low enough to try it out. I am going to pick up a jug next week, and let you know what I think.

:cheers:

Have you ever tried turbo blue 110 racig fuel. my friend ran it in his racing saws and they all sat for ten years or so and started right up on it. Ithink the last time i bought it it was like 4.50 a gallon that was two summers ago.It semms to run ok oi stock saws also. never have run it for an extended time though.

We have had alcohol in our gasoline here in California for years. It has not caused me any problems. I run Opti-2 at 50:1 or Stihl Ultra at 50:1. Sometimes I run Blenzol at the same ratio, it just does not have a dye component.

Added; I only run Chevron Supreme in 2-cycle mix.

That isn't true for all of California.

I recently purchased 89 octane from a Shell dealer in Paso Robles, California and it tested with Zero or 0% alcohol. I used the Tiny Tester Alcohol Content Tester sold at Bailey's. Other locations and brands in California might yield different results.

I just wanted to give an update on the SEF94. I don't have a lot of run time with the fuel yet but switching over required no re-tuning on my part. The fuel is clear and has a smell of model car glue. I like it so far and will keep you updated on how it works out. The VP people say it will last quite a long time, and you can even buy 5 gallon jugs premixed at 50:1. I didn't know this when I bought my current can. At about $10-11 gallon it is cheaper than 50fuel.

I will keep you updated.

I use C12 and Stihl Ultra. I'm thinking of switching to 50 Fuel. I tried it and it seems like it had more power. I also like their cans. They're darn near bullet proof. I talked to the owner of the company and he told me they actually designed the can to survive rolling around in the back of a truck.

Were i live we can't get anything better than 87 no ethanol. I don't like running it in the saws so i mix it 50/50 with 100ll avgas. It seems to work well and i run it in my sleds too. Av gas almost never goes bad so if you run it strait up for shutdown you wont have much for gumming.

Our closest VP dealer has shut down to make way for airport expansion..
I'm an aircraft mechanic and use 100ll in all my 2-stroke OPE, no problems!
Ran out of my usual Amsoil oil, am now trying some Golden Spectro that a friend has in some quantity. I trade him fuel for oil. Another friend is a fueler @ the port, so I get my Avgas free. Win-win. You're right about the stability of it, I have seen old planes stored for 10 years fire right up!

Old51AVE :greenchainsaw:

Were i live we can't get anything better than 87 no ethanol. I don't like running it in the saws so i mix it 50/50 with 100ll avgas. It seems to work well and i run it in my sleds too. Av gas almost never goes bad so if you run it strait up for shutdown you wont have much for gumming.

Latest posts

Back