Walbro carb search

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bang

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A friend gave me a 1990's Era Craftsman saw to get running for him. It's pristine so worth working with.
It has a Walbro wb310 and I've kitted and ultrasonic cleaned it a long time.
I cant find a 310 or the prior/replacements 247 or 310-1.
Can anyone help with a possible replacement .

This is what I rember them looking like,

maxresdefault.jpg
I have a saw very similar to the one pictured, it was my 1st new saw. I bought it around 1980. The saw I'm dealing with isn't top handle and although similar in ways to the one pictured it's somewhat more modern.
I'll get pics tomorrow.

I have a saw very similar to the one pictured, it was my 1st new saw. I bought it around 1980. The saw I'm dealing with isn't top handle and although similar in ways to the one pictured it's somewhat more modern.
I'll get pics tomorrow.
Ok, that`s what I think of every time I hear about 2.3 cu in saws. I guess they must have made others of the same name or sticker on them. I will delete the pic so it does not confuse others that come to read this thread.

If you are looking for a carb for a chainsaw like the orange one in the picture those saws were made by Poulan and are Model S25DA and S25CVA (or S25 series) and very good saws, made back when Poulan made very good saws. They were priced at around $150 in the 80's) I have two of them (bright green color) I'm not a Poulan fan but these S25's restored my faith in Poulan made saws. One of mine has electronic ign. My two saws look new but came out of junk piles and I've never had to go into a carb on them and the carb's jets adjust exactly as the should but the fuel lines needed replaced and the little gas tank cap duckbill is usually rotted away. Just use a Homelite duckbill vent. One of mine has the owners manual with IPL. Both of mine start easily with a choke applied, sometimes have to half choke even when the saw is warm.
Really have to keep a heads up installing the air box filter cover to keep from pinching the gas line and look carefully at the air box area inside. I had to make some foam or sponge pieces that were rotted away to keep dust from bypassing the air filter and getting into the air box and carb throat.
You have to watch buying used parts for them, some of the flea bay sellers use the word VINTAGE and jack up the price for junk parts. I have few NOS spare S25 parts I've carefully scrounged from flea bay using saved searches using Poulan part numbers, dirt cheap, but no carb's. (the sellers had the part numbers listed from their NOS boxes or plastic bags but the seller did not know what the parts actually fit was how I acquired the lesser priced parts from flea bay.

You can find lots of parts on flea bay if you search using S25 models.
try searching POULAN S25 CHAINSAW CARB ON FLEA BAY or S25 chainsaw and see if any of the pictures look like yours.
Here is a link to some.
A picture of the exact saw you are working on and the carb would help us get more precise with answers????????????
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr....l1313&_nkw=Poulan+S25+chainsaw+carb&_sacat=0

What I can see of your Craftsman 2.3 it looks very much like my Poulan S25's.
If you don't find a Walbro carb you might nose around looking at pictures and see if the Zama carb on flea bay for a S25 looks like yours. (and yes some of them little Walbro carb's do not accept a kit good) they have internal check valves that are normally not serviceable but you can find them now days) I do not USonic them little diaphragm carbs at first at in heated water in a USonic because it appears that maybe the heated cleaner weakens the check valve. A bad check valve usually causes erratic idling issues. Also it's quite common for the button on replacement diaphragms for walbro's to be of a different type than the one being replaced and the carb won't run correctly. (very easily overlooked) Their are also at least two different sizes (types) of REPLACEMENT check valves for the same carb numbers and you have to see yours before buying at around $10-$12. You can see pictures of the different size types on flea bay and you are rolling the dice because a check valve may not get er going. I would suggest looking towards the clone zama and MAKE sure you do not get the H jet too lean.
I'm not sure what carb is on mine.
I'll monitor this thread and If I get a chance in few days (it's very cold outside right now) and you have not found anything I'll see what ype carb's are one mine. Appears as though they may have used both the Zama and the Walbro's. (flea bay says their clone replacements are Zama's for the S25 but you cannot rely on flea bay for correct info.

Them are really good saws if it's of the S25 inside the block (made back when Poulan made quality saws) and worth the effort to repair even though they do not look like much , easy starting and made for the long haul with just little bit of TLC.
When all is correct they will pull a 16-18 inch bar really good even with a aggressive cut.
I use the aggressive cut semi chisel chains on mine that I can manually sharpenen myself. I do not use the low kick back type chains.
I was about ready to throw the first S25 I seen in the trash few years ago thinking it was just another Poulan, but the guys on this site clued me in as to the S25's quality.

Latest posts

Back