Walbro SDC carb help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Graham

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,

I am replacing the gaskets and all other internal parts to me WalbroSDC carb, I think that it is a no.73 carb,found this stamped to the right side of the carb and EO on the left side of the carb with SDC cast into the carb in the middle. The carb is on a very old Sears/Roper chainsaw and need some guidence in a couple of areas.
First at what height is the tang on the fuel inlet needle to be set at or is it preset in the kit?
Second how do you remove the welch plug form th carb body and when replacing it is it just seated when it bottoms out in the carb body.
Any guidence that you could give me would be greatly appreicated

Thanks

Wayne Graham

Hi,

I am replacing the gaskets and all other internal parts to me WalbroSDC carb, I think that it is a no.73 carb,found this stamped to the right side of the carb and EO on the left side of the carb with SDC cast into the carb in the middle. The carb is on a very old Sears/Roper chainsaw and need some guidence in a couple of areas.
First at what height is the tang on the fuel inlet needle to be set at or is it preset in the kit?
Second how do you remove the welch plug form th carb body and when replacing it is it just seated when it bottoms out in the carb body.
Any guidence that you could give me would be greatly appreicated

Thanks

Wayne Graham

level with the bosses next to the lever. leave the welch plugs, use carb cleaner with (straw) nozzle and blow through ports.

Howdy Wayne Graham,

I just rebuilt an old SDC on a Mac 1-10 not long ago. You can pull out the L needle and spray carb cleaner through it and it should come out the three idle holes by the throttel plate. I did pull my welch plug but all was clean underneath (I did not need to pull it).

If you already pulled it, you can set the new one in and set it with a punch. I made a punch out of a piece of TSC cattel fence (but thats all I had handy). Just distort the top of the plug in the center.

Good luck

v/r

Mike

Latest posts

Back