Walbro welch plug sealant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Graham

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know what I cal use to seal the area around a welch plug in my walbro carb? I have tried clear nail polish, lasted 1 hr and pealed off cloging the main jet. So let me know what you have used with success.
Thanks for your response.
Wayne

It's going to be hard to find something that tolerates gasoline. Permatex makes a sealer that is impervious to gasoline, but I don't know if I'd recommend it for this use.

Why do you need a sealant? Is the seat around the plug damaged? The plug should fit tightly enough to seal it just fine.

I have never seen one leak...

Out of the countless saw carbs i have rebuilt I have never removed or replaced a welch plug. Guess I have been lucky.

If it is one that is still in the saw and has not been replaced... maybe a few light taps will help to stop it from leaking.

Gary

What is that plug for anyway?

How do you even get the plug out of the carb? On my Walbro WT model there's no hole behind it to poke it out. And if I did get it out, what do you find behind it? SOmething to clean out or adjust?

Stihl trying to get my old Stihl blower running...

You use a tiny chisel and "spear" it.. I use the Zama tool... Often if you just tap it with a small punch it will free up.

It covers hidden bores or passage ways.

it covers up the three low speed jets and the feed from the metering side.

although I could be wrong

Back