Walkerizing--- Is it Really Worth it ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

confused

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Mouse Trap Eng. Among others say that Walkerizing your saw is truly worth it because of longevity along with really getting the power out and running cooler. Now I ask for the common homeowner who uses their saw twice a week would it really be worth it to spend $200(Canadian) to get the full treatment on my brand new $750 Stihl 046.

Kurt King of Confusion

save your money and buy some syenthetic 2 cycle oil it makes your saws last a long time. but if you are into the whole tim taylor more power thing go for it no one is stopping you cept maybe your wife when you use that 200 for a saw instead of for her birthday present. that could be bad.

Walkerizing is worth the money if you putting your saw to some real work. I've walkerized my 066 mag because I use it on a chainsaw mill. It made a huge difference pulling a 43 inch bar through tree's when slabbing them out. It had a big power increase, more torque and runs cooler. That was enough to convince me that I was spending the money to protect my investment on the saw. An 066 is not cheap, especially when you have a family to take care of.

Mike:)

Hi Fish, I noticed that when we pull up old posts from the archives, it brings non active members back, as they get an email anouncing that someone has subscribed to their old thread.
Where did "Steve" go? Remember the guy on TSF that always said, " Puke-along, Muckaluck, Homeatnight, Best Dang Chainsaw in the Whole Dang Universe?"
John

confused,
i think i'm missing something here. you paid list for a saw that you are only going to use twice a week? marty

confused,
here are some numbers from today.
husky 371xp, 20" 3/8 semi-chiesl, 8 tooth rim
stock muffler rpm at idle 3,600
rpm at full throttle 14,000
8x8 squared spruce each time is one cut
walkerized muffler no carb adjustments rpm at idle 3,000
rpm at full throttle 13,700
same wood and cuts
i think if the carb was adjusted to the same rpms at full throttle the times would increase at great deal more. the saw also appears to be working less with the walkerized muffler.
i have a walkerized 372xp i can put this chain on and post those results.
any help? marty

Last edited:
The only Walkerized hardware I`ve got is my 346xp but I think they did an excellent job. The saw has alot more "real" power that you can feel in a cut and it revs up really nice. You can spend more and get more, but the Walkers do a great job for a fair price. Russ

Chainsawworld.
I did the numbers on your cuts. You got an average reduction of .26 seconds, that’s 10%. Not bad for bolting on a muffler.
You need to cut some bigger stuff, to make yourself feel better.

Back