walnut firewood is it any good for burning in fireplace or wood stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you'd be better off with another type of wood.......ever try railroad ties

Now THERE is a wood, with an "AROMA" for you :), but you "Could" have some Creosote build up issues, if you don't burn a Nice HOT Fire ;):surprised3::)

I bet your neighbors would really let you Know just how much they APPRECIATED, the "Scent" of your firewood :yes:

Doug :cheers:

It is one of my least favorite woods to burn. Evey time I try to burn some that was in my way to get to something better I get more smoke and ash than I do heat. I avoid it for those reasons

Far more valuable as furniture lumber, but it's also decent fuel. Fuel value is (usually) roughly proportional to a wood's density.

Juglone is what makes walnut toxic, mainly to woodworkers who inhale it and horses that eat it. I suspect burning destroys the juglone.

I have heard the same thing about the dust when wood working walnut. Ceder dust will make me sick to if I don't wear a respirator when sanding it.
Never heard of it being an issue when burning it.

Latest posts

Back