Walnut Logs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they for sale or just first come first served? How long have they been on the ground?

They have been cut about 3 years. If someone on this site wants them they are free. I would like to have one big slab. They are very big 36" at the small end and 5' at the crotch on the biggest one.

Pottstown is right up the road from me... my ears are ringing and my gears are turning. Gosh... walnut crotch 5 ft wide... hmmmmm

Last edited:
Pottstown in right up the road from me... my ears are ringing and my gears are turning. Gosh... walnut crotch 5 ft wide... hmmmmm
Hey come take a look, I'll even load um for ya during the week, Better bring a big truck. Or I can haul them to you for some $

Woodshop, I was about to ask you if you wanted me to come up and help you load them, but I see I'm not needed.You better hop on that offer right quick, sounds good.

Thanks for the quick response. I have a few more questions.
How long are they?
Are they solid all the way through?
Any bugs, ants, etc.?
Thanks!

They are solid, I think they are 6'. You should really come look at them. I won't be able to measure them till next week, I'm leaving in the Am for the beach.

Shame ya didn't post these bout 4-5 yrs ago when they were fresh.
Still likely to be a few board feet good timber in the heart wood given the
size of the trunks.
The log on the far side is almost sure to be figured nicely.ie tiger striped and deep chatoyance.

Shame ya didn't post these bout 4-5 yrs ago when they were fresh.
Still likely to be a few board feet good timber in the heart wood given the
size of the trunks.
The log on the far side is almost sure to be figured nicely.ie tiger striped and deep chatoyance.[/QUOTE

Well thats what happens when everyboby wants them but noboby picks um up. I even sold them on ebay the guy never picked them up.

Hey Slayer, can they be milled right where they are? If I bring a friend with a mongo CSM are we welcome or is it private property?

Hey Slayer, can they be milled right where they are? If I bring a friend with a mongo CSM are we welcome or is it private property?

I'm 80% sure the logs are taken but will see, i'll let you no if something happens.

Latest posts

Back