want a husky 385 built for FAST work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koda7225

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for an idea of who to contact to rebuild and upgrade my 13 year old 385....we currently use the saw on every job we go to but im thinking its time to freshen in up and maybe make it better then new.

If it turns out well thinking of seeing what can be done with one of our 338 tops as well

I just took my 2002 385 (basically a NOS saw with about 3-4 tanks through it) to Mastermind. He is porting mine to be able to pull my 36" bar while running NON-SKIP chain this week or next. I will be happy to give you my opinion after I get the saw back in a week or so.

As far as character, he is a great guy. He works this full time with his son-in-law and pays attention to detail.

I've also met Brad Snelling (Snellerized Saws) and he is a nice guy too.

I had to pick between these two guys, and just had a better "gut" feeling about Randy "Mastermind" Evans and the work he does.

You can find either in the chainsaw forum on a very regular basis.

I just took my 2002 385 (basically a NOS saw with about 3-4 tanks through it) to Mastermind. He is porting mine to be able to pull my 36" bar while running NON-SKIP chain this week or next. I will be happy to give you my opinion after I get the saw back in a week or so.

As far as character, he is a great guy. He works this full time with his son-in-law and pays attention to detail.

I've also met Brad Snelling (Snellerized Saws) and he is a nice guy too.

I had to pick between these two guys, and just had a better "gut" feeling about Randy "Mastermind" Evans and the work he does.

You can find either in the chainsaw forum on a very regular basis.
Yeah your experience with him would be great to kmow.....im intrested in having the saw last as well as it did this time as well....longitivity of a good saw doing its thing fast makes me my money. :)

Tree monkey is another one I wouldn't be afraid to send a saw to. There might be less wait with him.

I got my 385 back, and I hope to run it a little this weekend. Will report the findings when I do. Sorry for the late response, but his turnaround was a bit delayed, then I got busy at home and have not been out.

Latest posts

Back