Want a new saw was thinking 562xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuleyJ

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted but looking to buy a new saw. Want it to be a strato saw in the 60-70cc area. Was thinking maybe 562xp. Anything else that is worth looking at? What sorta serial numbers/manufacture dates do I need to be looking at on the 562 to be sure I get all the carb updates etc?

I use 562s at work and I haven't been a fan of their durability. I like cutting with them though, they are both great options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it comes mostly to dealer support. I have a top notch Stihl dealer 5 minutes away. I do have a regular carb 362 and also M-tronic. Both solid. HD filter on Mtronic. I did have coil go bad on carb one. 20 minutes round trip and repaired with in stock coil. Nothing against Huskys , Echos or Dolmars.

LoveStihlQuality

The 362 came out in September of 09. It has had two major updates the most recent about six months ago. The 562 has undergone many small incremental improvements until fairly recent. The newest of both models will be reliable and dependable. Pick the color you prefer and go cut something.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Fantastic video from an unbiased source. Thanks for posting it!

Has Stihl figured out their nuisance issues with the 362 since this video was made?
Carb solenoids have continued to be a problem, I've heard more 261 and 661s have that.

Ive owned 2 562xp's over the years. The first one was masterminded and the current one is stock. Both are awsome saws. Ported version is very sweet. Weight wise, the 562 is only a little lighter than say,my 044's and obviously isnt as quick. Hence the reason im selling mine. Im actually curious to see what the 2260(jonsered version of the 562xp) feels like with using the smaller bar mount. Many times, members have brought up how the 2260 feels lighter or balances/handles better due to the smaller mount bars you can run. Pretty much you can share the bars from your 346xp or 550xp. I think a 2260 would be awsome with 18" or 20" .325. Right now I have 20" 3/8's on my 562. Here's the a question. If your 2260 feels almost as light as your 2153/2253, do you sell them????

As far as the 362 goes, ive never ran one, but im sure its a great saw. The newer version looks like it weighs as much as the 562. Im a stickler on weight. If im gonna run a saw for hours on end, i want my lightest, strongest saw. I love the air filtration on the Stihls. I feel thats where Huskys are lacking when comparing saws.

Husqvarna 555 or my personal preference would be the Jonsered equivalent. Production wise the pro's around here have mentioned at the end of the day there isn't any real superiority of the 560/562 line to the 555, so they prefer to save the money.

Latest posts

Back