Purchased a new 562XP yesterday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had been eye balling the MS 362c and the 562Xp and finally pulled the trigger on the 562 yesterday. The shop only had it in a 24" setup so I am looking to add an additional bar (18" and was thinking maybe a Sugi but have never owned one. Are they that great or is my $ better spent elsewhere? I just purchased a new home sitting on 20 acres and it was timbered last year so I have a ton of cleanup to do. Thinking about adding a smaller 30-40cc saw to the mix for cleaning up all the tops laying on the ground. Definitely looking forward to all the projects on the horizon.
I have one as well contact the Walkers Brothers in Canada and you can either send your muffler or buy a new one that has been modified by them and it makes the saw really work and run well. I have the 24” bar on mine and it saves your back! I think a 20” would be nice but no shorter it’s a very good cutting saw mine has been in Ref and White Oak with the bar buried and it just cut!

I have one as well contact the Walkers Brothers in Canada and you can either send your muffler or buy a new one that has been modified by them and it makes the saw really work and run well. I have the 24” bar on mine and it saves your back! I think a 20” would be nice but no shorter it’s a very good cutting saw mine has been in Ref and White Oak with the bar buried and it just cut!
I plan to buy another muffler and mod it myself. This way, if I need warranty work done, I can swap the factory muffler back on. I modded the muffler on my 261CM and on my 372 and it made a world of difference. I do have a bad back so I may run the 24" as much as possible A lot just depends on the balance and how it feels. Couple more weeks and I close on the new place so I will get to cutting.

I plan to buy another muffler and mod it myself. This way, if I need warranty work done, I can swap the factory muffler back on. I modded the muffler on my 261CM and on my 372 and it made a world of difference. I do have a bad back so I may run the 24" as much as possible A lot just depends on the balance and how it feels. Couple more weeks and I close on the new place so I will get to cutting.
I have a full wrap on mine as well and I put these 1” holes with screens so it can even breathe better as you can buy them for $19.95 a pair on EBay. I don’t care for Husqvarna chains C83X-Cut I prefer the Stihl RSF they do not get dull as fast as the Husqvarna. Just my own opinion as I know I’ll get blasted on here! 😎

Isn't the current 562 like the 3rd generation of them?
There were quite a few updates from when they came out, still listed under the 562xp moniker. There were quite a few carb/ignition module updates, extra screw added in the front of the case, fuel lines, cooling hole added to the top cover, airfikter updated. The whole mk2 doesn't really seem much different then the original that had all the updates circa 2020 ish I think was the filter update.

Can't really go wrong with a 562xp I got mine in 2012 and it was retired about a year ago, due to lack of parts availability. I ended up getting a ms400cm.(all I could get at the time, i woupd have bought another 562xp) Up untill that point the 562xp was an outstanding saw. Light and very powerful.
It is 100% not worth rebuilding. I did rebuild one (a 2016 model) it was cheaper to buy a new complete crankcase then new bearings, let alone all the special tools needed to split the case. Just that and a top end and you'll be 3/4 the cost of a new saw not counting gaskets, carb kit (if they are even still available) any intake, fuel line and your time.
I found a 20" to be well suited I hard wood, with occasional 24" use. Give it a few tanks to really come in its own. Muff mod woke it up pretty decently. I did my own. Can't remember the size of pipe I used, was a good improvement, but didn't make it near as loud as the straight shots and wcs bark box on the newer stihl saws.

Can't really go wrong with a 562xp I got mine in 2012 and it was retired about a year ago, due to lack of parts availability. I ended up getting a ms400cm.(all I could get at the time, i woupd have bought another 562xp) Up untill that point the 562xp was an outstanding saw. Light and very powerful.
It is 100% not worth rebuilding. I did rebuild one (a 2016 model) it was cheaper to buy a new complete crankcase then new bearings, let alone all the special tools needed to split the case. Just that and a top end and you'll be 3/4 the cost of a new saw not counting gaskets, carb kit (if they are even still available) any intake, fuel line and your time.
I found a 20" to be well suited I hard wood, with occasional 24" use. Give it a few tanks to really come in its own. Muff mod woke it up pretty decently. I did my own. Can't remember the size of pipe I used, was a good improvement, but didn't make it near as loud as the straight shots and wcs bark box on the newer stihl saws.
Hopefully the part prices and availability have/will come down eventually. Nothing worse than having a saw you can't get parts for. I have several saws though, so I don't have to reply on just one. I bought the 550 a couple years ago and thought the 562 would be fun to play with too.

i put a 24 inch tsumara bar on my 562 , bought as a back up for my 361. its not apples to apples. the stihl does good across the wood sections. the husky will get some trees, its just a bit to hard. i probably should of gone up to a 572. i kind of think the 562 chain is just so fast, it doesnt fall into the cut fast enough. maybe i just need to try a few other chain manufatures also.

Be careful with non-OEM anythings. There are lots of experts on this site that will tell you that non-OEM will cause your saw to kill you. Personally I have never had a problem, BUT I've seen countless times where a saw will attacked someone. I can't be sure that it was an attempted suicide or a maybe a Chinese made drive sprocket cover nut. Why take the chance, buy a Husqvarna bar.

Hopefully the part prices and availability have/will come down eventually. Nothing worse than having a saw you can't get parts for. I have several saws though, so I don't have to reply on just one. I bought the 550 a couple years ago and thought the 562 would be fun to play with too.
It was a pure function of the covid aftermath, nothing less... couldn't get parts, or saws for that matter. Everything was on back order. The guy I ended up selling the 562 to eventually got a carb and got it working again.

The 562s are dynamite in my book. I own a tree company and they've been our main ground saws for many years. We settled on 20" bars as a good all around length.
Indeed they are great saws. Stihl has only recently surpassed them with the 400c.
The only thing bad I can say about the 562 is I don't particularly care for the outboard clutch.

Back