Wan't to rebuild a 039

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've pulled mine apart enough times (at least 4), that I tore that thing totally down in about 10 mins, less the flywheel and clutch. :D

hamradio said:
I've pulled mine apart enough times (at least 4), that I tore that thing totally down in about 10 mins, less the flywheel and clutch. :D

Yeah, but how long to put it back together?

A while. :D Probably an hour, with making gaskets, and everything, especially if I needed to replace major parts.

stevieb, any update?

stevieb,

hows the 039 project coming along? i just finished an 039 job. here is a copy of my summary. i was asking about the extra wire. i already had the flywheel on so i stuck the extra wire under the top right recoil cover screw in the plastic.

thanks guys, i knew you would know. i have finished assembly. new seals rings n piston. cylinder was shinny. didnt touch the open transfers. took 2 mm of exhaust and intake, and gutted n dual ported the muff. saw poped on the 4th pull. started in the fifth. made a few cuts through a 16" cherry after a 1/4 tank of idle.

WOW!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

certainly not a 440 but probably wil be on the heels of a stock one once rings have seated. sure am glad a horizontal case was not my first mod job. it might have been my last!! muff was a b!@#h too! probably 10 hours total on the project. now i know why they arent worth repair!

oh well, whats time to a hog??

Have to do some more work on it this week. Have not had the time lately. Great to hear that you achieved your's. Will be posting my new photo's on Saturday starting to get to the heart of it now.

Cheers Steve

stevieb said:
Have to do some more work on it this week. Have not had the time lately. Great to hear that you achieved your's. Will be posting my new photo's on Saturday starting to get to the heart of it now.

Cheers Steve

steve,
did you get the saw finished??

Well mine is stripped down. Now it's time for the re-build. Had a tough year family wise so things have taken a back seat. The only problem is i'm now looking at parts and have not got a clue where they came from. The manual I had off Tex will have to be studied over a beer I fear.

Lakeside53 said:
Never use a wire brush... it will remove the flocking and if there is any left, pill it up. just soak it in diluted purple cleaner and or other solvents/cleaners... then wash in hot soapy water and blow out. Lots of other threads to search on about air filter cleaning.
Dish-washer.....:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Taking out Oil Vent Valve on 039

I have picked up my project again after many months. Looking at the service manual it tells me to take out the vent valve and oil pump to get the engine out. Located the vent valve and cleaned it off cant understand how to extract it?

Back