WANTED,42"or48"bar for 088

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the tree guy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am looking for a long bar for my 088.I have some big trees to flop and would rather use the 088.I have a 42" on my 066 but the 088 pulls long bars better.It can be .404 or .375(I have rolls of both),would perfer .375.Old dolmar bars that fit 166 will work also.Thanks for your time. :) Dan

Umm, stumper, you made a small error there. the bar from an 066 wont fit an 088. the 088 has a 14mm mounting slot, the 066 has a 12mm slot.

Im looking at my bars for you guys I will post a thread with all bars and brands so you guys can pick and choose

Okay. My error-I have a bad info source. ( I did check because I thought I remembered the O88 being different and it said the same bar fit both.)The Question is WHY is the 88 different!???! One could understand if husky went to a larger bar stud for bigger saws but they do not . Stihl already has big bar slots-why go bigger?

Thanks mac,I see that there was another post on bars.I do have a thought,could you mill a 14mm slot into the smaller 066 bar and make it work?I have a mill that I could use,but am a little bit unsure if I WANT TO WASTE A BAR. :) Dan

You would have to check out the slot and oil hole location first also make shure the heal of the bar gets close enuff to the rim to work properly

I have a 54 " Cannon bar with Roller nose and brand new chain, I may part with and a 60" cannon that fits the large husky mount that could be opened to fit an 088.

Let me know,
Hunter

Hunter,give me a price to go off of.Is it .404 or .375.Only problem is that the 088 with a 54" bar will be taller than me. :) Dan

I had a little time to look and somebody from AS just called and bought 6 bars from me but I do still have some left
1 35 cannon 3/8
1 42 cannon with repair 404
1 42 cannon roller
1 50 cannon roller
1 84 cannon 404
my phone wont stop ringing about these bars

Keep in mind steel doesnt go bad with age. Most "old" Cannon bars will still perform like new. A couple things to watch out for are ones that have been rebuilt many times. Although Cannon rail hardness is much deeper than other bars, once rebuilt 3-4 times the life expectancy of the rail may be minimized. Also the main reason the roller nose and 3 rivot tip have gone away is their stability. In a falling application the have very little stability due to a weak attachment design. For bucking though they will last as long as any other tip style. :) good luck.
ps, dont try to modify another mount to fit a big stihl. the oil holes wont match up either.

Latest posts

Back