wanted free firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried Craigslist? Try searching for tree or wood. This should be nearby if it's still available.
http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/grd/4220429951.html
i might have to check this guy out looks like he is about 20 min from me! i like free wood but i always expect to be the one to cut it, load it and clean up after myself.

sorry i dont have any extra, i should be just good myself as long as no more "Poler Vortexes" sit over us again. i think i burned a weeks worth in a couple of days.

i'd give ya one but you'd prolly sell it.:ices_rofl: (i read your sig line)

If you give me one, especially a MS461, I'll never sell it. Scout's honor, cross my heart, and pinky swear. Maybe I should put out some more feelers.

Wanted: Free Stihl saw that will run a 20" stihl bar needed PS: Don't forget the bar oil and chain

I still want to know the backstory of this seemingly ridiculous post...

Was the request meant for hardwood that may have been storm damaged or some such, and he/she is willing to cut and haul? Is this really asking for cut/split/seasoned/ready to roll premium wood for free just because...?

Answers dammit. I need them.

o_O

I still want to know the backstory of this seemingly ridiculous post...

Was the request meant for hardwood that may have been storm damaged or some such, and he/she is willing to cut and haul? Is this really asking for cut/split/seasoned/ready to roll premium wood for free just because...?

Answers dammit. I need them.

o_O
This is what I came up with after doing a little searching.
http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...fs-scrap-wood-no-bark-nice-clean-wood.250264/

“He is in Lebanon, pa. He has posted a lot of threads for free firewood

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yep, I have seen his post many times, for a few years now. Only problem is he keeps making up different usernames ever time he comes back.
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/search/246942/

Surprisingly I see these adson craigslist all the time . Notice the guy only wants hardwood lol beggars can't be choosers Or the ads saying somebody is disabled and wants to make money selling firewood but MUST have free gas powered splitter to split the wood because I can't swing a 6 lbaxe I have a bad back !!!.. but I can carry around 80 pound round or run a 13 pound chainsaw and load one ton of hardwood into and out of a pickup truck . As a Christian I'm all for people helping homeless and poor people I'd give to anybody who truly needed food clothes or shelter but in this day and age you gotta be careful or you'll get taken . Up at Erie pa. Near our mall there are multiple panhandlers waiting around on every corner . Usually with a car parked close by and sometimes even talking on a cell phone while holding a sign .the signs years ago used to say " will work for food" now they just say. " in a jam , need money " in America even our beggars have an entitlement attitude ..once it begins to rain the beggar goes to his car parked close by and lights up a cigarette to take cover

Last edited:
The local tv station is having a telethon this morning to raise money to buy heating oil for the needy.

I'm all for helping those who can't help themselves. But it's amazing how many 'needy' have cable tv and smart phones.

Back