Wanting to upgrade wood loading equipement.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone use a tractor for wood loading? I know MDS does. I'm looking toward this route I feel I can use the tractor for a wide variety of things. I going to start a small scale CSA farm with my girl so we need something that can handle everything. I was thinking a 40 to 50hp tractor. Any advise?

Completely different tool for a different purpose. I wanted to upgrade my mini for years till I bought the grapple truck. Now I am perfectly happy with its capabilities as it is only used for very tight access trees.
I know they are two different tools. Most times I can haul the wood and the mini out on my skid steer trailer in one trip. Exploring options so maybe I can eliminate a truck until I can afford a chip / grapple truck.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Anyone use a tractor for wood loading? I know MDS does. I'm looking toward this route I feel I can use the tractor for a wide variety of things. I going to start a small scale CSA farm with my girl so we need something that can handle everything. I was thinking a 40 to 50hp tractor. Any advise?
Theres a john deere dealer not to far from you house. Negative thing with a tractor is there length and they cant pickup as much weight. Positive s are they dont cause as much lawn damage.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I find my tractor to be very versatile. However, as with any piece of equipment, its only as good as the operator. I mean you can put a lawn doofus in a 75 footer, and you'll have just that. Know what I'm saying? Lol

Back