washing machines and chainsaws dont mix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i now have a house and wife of my own, and with that came a work bench and vise.

but growing up i was not afforded that luxury. and my VW didnt have a tailgate to file on either. so it was the top of the chest freezer that i filed and rebuilt saws on. i even had a hole the size of a bar tip punched in the sheetrock to hold the bar from moving so i could have both hands on the file.

it does make me appreciate the vise! unfourtunately it doesnt make her appreciate my vices!

I'm in a house, but only have a garden shed for a "shop". There is a small bench in it...but to get to it is the problem. Right now my main "workbench" is a small chest freezer that is on the back porch...before we got that from my mom-in-law, it was the washer/dryer, dining room table, truck tailgate (use it still) or sitting on the back porch for saw work and chain filing. I have a shop/office with an open carport drawed up...in time it will get built.

Kevin

The only thing I'm allowed to clean inside is my pistol. You guys have made me feel very luck though. I've learned that there is a decided advantage of leaving room in the garage for my wife to park her car. When I want to work, I back her car out and voila! plenty of room to play "mad-scientist" :chainsaw:

Whatever brilliant man designed the house also had the foresight to include a half bath in the garage so I don't even have to track sawdust/metal shavings/coal dust into the house when I answer the call of nature. :clap:

I am either a very lucky guy, and/or I have done a hell of a job training my woman.:greenchainsaw: She rarely says a word to me when I clean my guns on the coffee table or quarter a deer on a big piece of plywood laid across my kitchen counters.... you guys need to train your women...:dizzy:

This is not a personal attack, but I noticed WV in your tag.. perhaps she too grew up with this being normal. My wife.. not so much.

Just bagged a 6 point today at 4:15 by time we got him out of the woods, the butcher shop was closed. it is 27Degrees tonight, so he is chillin in the back of the Pkup tonight. WIll hit the shop tomorrow, and she was less than pleasant.

Latest posts

Back