washing machines and chainsaws dont mix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i restored the grill on my 69 charger i used the tub as a parts washer too. ive also used it to clean my 4 wheelers motor many times :) she didnt really seem to get mad over it. but theres no way in hell i would put anything in the dishwasher. that would never ever fly!

Well of course you caught H***. The proper place for sharping saws is the dining room table.
Harry K

Holy h***, I am just thinking about the result if I did that at home. I hurt just thinking about it ;) After my wife was done with me, I think the woodshed would be the only place for me ;)

Tes

That is normally the truth Harry, unless like myself, you have the Hornady LNL progresive reloading press c-clamped to the dining room table cause ya didn't get the new bench built in the gunroom yet. I say all is fair then. Am I right?? Yes dear It will be of the table by Thursday yup.:angry2:

C.B.

That is normally the truth Harry, unless like myself, you have the Hornady LNL progresive reloading press c-clamped to the dining room table cause ya didn't get the new bench built in the gunroom yet. I say all is fair then. Am I right?? Yes dear It will be of the table by Thursday yup.:angry2:

C.B.

Amen!

"Projects" is just one of the reasons that my dining doom table has a stainless steel top. It has served us well for many years. It's "real furniture", we bought it at Pottery Barn.

I occaisionally use the oven to "bake" paint on freshly painted parts. But..... i'm smart enough to do it when Whats-Her-Name is going to be gone for several hours. :cheers:

younger days tore down a turbo 350 in the bathtub girlfreind was not happy.i said least i put down rubber anti fatiuge mats so not like it got scratched or anything.

You have to look at it from the other side: if your domestic partner used your spare bar to plant tulips, dig around in the garden, beat rugs, . . .

I heard of an older woman who said that the automatic washing machine was the single most important invention of the 20th century for women, freeing them up more than the automobile, airplane, computer, etc.

I try to keep my dirty stuff in 'my' part of the basement. Love the washing machine for making my grungy clothes wearable again.

Philbert

One word of caution. 10p nails and front load washers do not mix!! It cost me a new set. The nails get stuck through the holes in the drum and poke holes in the plastic tub.:censored: :censored:

I would imagine a saw file might do the same thing.

Don

I Don't understand Avalancher

I dont know about the washing machine and chainsaw bit, never tried that one, but my wife has one big gripe about woodcutting.All the wood chips that come into the house.
Seems that somewhere along the lines, my pants legs get pulled up over my boots by brush and sawchips get into my boots. I usually take my boots off at the door, but sometimes they end up being pullled off in the bedroom before heading to the shower, and the carpet gets treated to a healthy dose of chips.Seems that before I find the vacum the wife will find the pile and let me have it.
Then of course are the socks impregnated with chips that I forget to shake off.I turn my socks inside out when i take them off(and old habit learned in the Navy) and she discovers the chips when folding laundry.After washing and drying she will pull them right side out and gets showered with chips.

At least the chips are washed and cleaned!!!!!!

its the coffee table for me.lol

for my in house repair and sharpening need its the coffee table for me. i lay out newspaper to prevent stains and vacuum after i am done. its cold and unorganized in my barn still as i have just moved into this house. so far the wife allows it as firewood saves us over 5 grand a year.:cheers: :givebeer: :spam:

I've never had a washing machine problem but when I got caught painting a harley frame in the bathroom it turned out to be a really bad idea!:givebeer:

After cleaning the saw this morning outside in the unheated garage my feet were cold and i figured it would be much better to sharpen the saw on the kitchen table:chainsaw: Good thing the wife was at work and kids at the grandparents or i probably would have caught hell. Deffintily much nicer sitting by the wood stove sharpening the saw than in the cold unheated garage.

Stew

Well of course you caught H***. The proper place for sharping saws is the dining room table.

Harry K

chest freezer

i now have a house and wife of my own, and with that came a work bench and vise.

but growing up i was not afforded that luxury. and my VW didnt have a tailgate to file on either. so it was the top of the chest freezer that i filed and rebuilt saws on. i even had a hole the size of a bar tip punched in the sheetrock to hold the bar from moving so i could have both hands on the file.

it does make me appreciate the vise! unfourtunately it doesnt make her appreciate my vices!

younger days tore down a turbo 350 in the bathtub girlfreind was not happy.i said least i put down rubber anti fatiuge mats so not like it got scratched or anything.

That'a funny right there.:greenchainsaw:

Back