Washington county saw race Jackson Wi

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z4lunch

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Steve here... Here are the results of the county fair saw race I run... Class 1 and 2 made three cuts in 6x6 cotton wood...All the other classes made three cuts in 10x10 cotton wood

Class 1: 32-45cc

Paul M Mac BP1 8.85
Scott M Mac BP1 9.55

Class 2: 46-65cc

Paul M Jonsey 630 6.74
Dan W Dolmar 6400 7.23
Nick N Husky 365 7.25

Class 3: 66-81cc

Dan W Dolmar 7900 9.94
Daryl S Stihl MS440 10.83
Ted K Husky 575 11.84

Class 4: 82-98cc

Ken C Stihl 066 12.6
Eric R Husky 385xp 12.62
Dan W Dolmar 7900 13.2

Class 5: 99-114cc

Les B Mac 105 10.94
Julie B Mac 105 15.91
Pete V Pioneer P60 DNF
Mark R Homelite 750 DNF

Class 6: 115cc & UP

Steve M Stihl 088kd 8.01
Steve M Stihl 090av 8.98
Ted K Stihl Ms880 9.19

Class 7: Mod

Steve M Wards West Bend 820 5.61
Scott M Mac 92 7.3
Les B Mac 101 7.59

Wish I knew they were going on, I'd have loved to come watch. I'll have to come next year, i'm only about an hour away.

Steve,

I see there was no gear drive class. I look forward to running in a few weeks.

Bill

Thanks Steve for the for hosting this great event for the 3rd year in a row. Bill, we are having the same Baraboo event as last year on Saturday the 19th at noon. hope to see you there again. I was really happy with my stock Mac 250 in the 66 to 81cc class. 14 flat for a 46 year old saw. It beat 3 440-044 saws. I don't feel bad about getting beat by a 7900, a fast 044, and a 575. Steve, your West Bend really ran fast despite the heat and humidity.
Scott

Last edited:
Rotax Robert said:
Needs a little digital stabilization.

Is it just me or can anybody else play the scott and steve videos above. My above quote was not to be a smart azz, but it wont play right for me.

Rotax

Here's a link to free download for windows quicktime. Sorry, this always happens for a few windows users. The audio in my condensed video is not too good, sounds like we were in a tin can. If this site would accept mpeg4, it would sound great, but .mov isn't so good
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html
Scott

Steve,

Is the show on for this year ? I have not made any in the past but I am trying for this year/next week.

Bill

Im not Steve but yes the Race is on this year again. Saturday July 28 at 7pm.
Be sure to come, Bring your saws and have fun. There will be a womens class this year as well. Hope to see you there.
Jr.

I'll be there again. Wouldn't miss this. It's a fun contest, and the announcer Trixie is pretty hot:jawdrop: Dan has had the only 7900 for the last 3 years, and has ruled the 5cu class. I finally bought one to give him some competition.
Scott

I think Steve has a 7900 too this year to give me a run for the money this year. It should be fun. And yes Scott you are right about the announcer.:D

Good Luck At Washington County!

Hey everyone its Juley!
Just wanted to wish everyone luck at Washington County Fair and I wish I could be there! I heard that there was going to be a class there this year just for woman and Im really excited! Hope all of the girls kick butt and show everyone up! :blob2:

Sorry to hear you can't make it this year Juley. Everyone was impressed by how well you handled the saws, including the hotsaw. I hope you can make it to Baraboo. My wife Angie is coming this year, but she's not going to compete. I've tried to talk her into it, but she just wants to watch this year.
Scott

Juley,
Welcome to AS.
Scott,
i hope to be setting up at baraboo on thursday this week. Need to get up there early and make some money. I am hoping ot bring a old blue and white Sears for the gear drive class.
Later
Bopb

Bob, I hope you mean "this year", not "this week". The Baraboo show starts Friday Aug. 17. The saw contest is at noon on Sat. Aug 18.
Scott

LOL
Yeap your right, been along summer. See you in a few weeks then!!!
Bob

The last five years I have been bogged down by work commitments. I am trying to work them out this year but it does not look good. What is the exact directions to the show so I can see if I can work out a option. As for Baraboo that is a given: as long as I am still breathing I will be there I think when it gets closer we need to start a thread to see who is coming.

Bill

Latest posts

Back