We all love pics, so post up your pics (saw/wood related).

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a log splitter from tractor supply, It's the small 22-ton model, so far nothing has stopped it.
attachment.php

A few pics of some oak I split today The one on top was 29" diameter and the one on the lift was 31" diameter

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and here are a few pics of the log stacks

These units are pretty crudely built only taking about an hour to 2 hrs depending on the coffe breaks

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Holy Toledo

Thats a lot of firewood....Good pics.....I wish I had some to post. Ive been laid up here with major surgery? recovery for the last three weeks. Ive got a long row to hoe yet...MIKE

Here is a pic of the dawg house. Its a true dump of a shed but the location is nice.
HPIM0846.jpg

Last edited:
The "pig on a stick" was a going away present for my best friend Mike. The country the Army decided too send him to didn't have much pork in it so he had to get his fill. He is home safe now.
chillin2.jpg

Last edited:
Log Home

Was that log home a kit or did you just design and build.... my wife and I are definatly going with a log home on our land and since I am more of a mechanic than a carpenter I was thinking of getting a kit.

please tell me more about your beautifull log home....

ps Nice pond once the water clears up and you get some flow in that baby you gotta get some fish in there....

joesawer...where u at and what are the trees? are u cutting the timber?? nice pics

I am located in the San Bernadino Mountains in Southern California.
The common trees are Jeffery pine, Sugar pine, Ponderosa pine, White fir, Incense cedar, and Black oak. At a little less elevation there is a lot of live oak, eucalyptus, and palm trees.
Yes, I am cutting the trees.

was that a Kit or did you design and build it.... It is beautifull... I am leaning towards a kit personally..

Well, the pics are just a model I built, but I'll be building the real thing from scratch (whole, unmachined logs). After going out to Washington state to learn how to build my own, I personally will not build from a kit due to cost and inherent negative issues with them.

By all means, buy a kit if that's what you feel you need to do, but at least visit www.loghomebuilders.org before making that choice.

tHANKS

Well, the pics are just a model I built, but I'll be building the real thing from scratch (whole, unmachined logs). After going out to Washington state to learn how to build my own, I personally will not build from a kit due to cost and inherent negative issues with them.

By all means, buy a kit if that's what you feel you need to do, but at least visit www.loghomebuilders.org before making that choice.

Thanks, I was hoping to get a link or some info out of you. I get Log homes magazine.. but its mostly them trying to selle stuff.

Latest posts

Back