We all love pics, so post up your pics (saw/wood related).

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for havin' me...

Its a pretty cool place to Hang out,,,,,,,

Nice Pics B T W what kind of trees are those??? man those beetles messed up a bunch of em Ehhhh???

I like your Sig What is that knot called?????

Thanks for the welcome RR2.:D

The knot in the signature line is a Duncan Loop or Uni-Knot. Thanks for askin'. Used to Tie fly to tippet. Creates a sliding loop that can be left open or tightened against hook eye. The open loop on this knot lets nymphs and other subsurface flies "swim" in the water and bass bugs pop better. Can help create a more natural presentation to well educated fish.... So that hopefully I can continue their education. :biggrinbounce2:

The trees are terribly torn up by the beetles and the forrest managers are beggin' folks to come and help cull the forrests before they burn down. :blob2: As for species: Doug firs in the smallish sizes to 25", pinion pines in the medium varieties and occasional Hemlock fir. Soft for cuttin' and fast burning. Most of this timber is seasoned as it stands and can be split and burned immediately.

Ok Here it is!!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome RR2.:D

The knot in the signature line is a Duncan Loop or Uni-Knot. Thanks for askin'. Used to Tie fly to tippet. Creates a sliding loop that can be left open or tightened against hook eye. The open loop on this knot lets nymphs and other subsurface flies "swim" in the water and bass bugs pop better. Can help create a more natural presentation to well educated fish.... So that hopefully I can continue their education. :biggrinbounce2:

Thats Just exactly what I want to see,,, Hmmmm,,, Let me see,,, been down the Sabine River to the local sandbar In My Bullet Bass Boat,,,, fished a few lilly pads, flats, and feeder creek mouths,,,, then it gets too hot so head to the local sand bar,,, Settin in the shade,,, under the willow trees,,,, Bar- B- Q-ing, playing washers or horseshoes (Yall knew this was coming) Drinking just a few Barley Pops :givebeer: and here come the Swiming Nymphs, educated fish, and beetles dat been infestin da free trees that need to come down,,,, Yeah Baby Where's my favorite 066 when ya need it????? We gonna educate them Fish right out of their hides,,,, and cook a mess of em up,,, seriously.... I tie one like that on my topwater baits so Pop r's, Chugbugs, Zara Spooks, Etc so they have good action

Nahhh!!! its still way too hot,,, 104 deg. yesterday

Come on October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose we gots to have a picture of the boat next ehh???? :dizzy: :dizzy: :rock:

Last edited:
Can some download and attach a pic of the super hunky house? Puh-leeze?:hmm3grin2orange:

Can some download and attach a pic of the super hunky house? Puh-leeze?:hmm3grin2orange:

Will this work for ya RB?
attachment.php

Scott

the more times i see it, the more i find myself thinking..

super hunkys house looks kinda like its made out of gingerbread....

tasty.... yes, but think of the ants!

Here you go. Mrs Hunky and I are very proud of it as it took us three years to build it; much of it ourselves.

Jul07002.jpg

BTW, the "hunky-wagon" pictured is a VW Jettta TDI Wagon. Not exactly a traditional muscle car, but at 50+mpg, it flexes a little bit different muscle!. We call it our little stinker!

Last edited:
Here's a few from down south,,,, about the Horizontal 30

The first two are a big water oak that was not far from down town Breaux Bridge La. that taped 96" DBH and the canopy was approaching 190' across,,, I lost some of the pics but somehow I salvaged these My Middle brother Daniels job..we took this tree down from over her house because the Insurance would no longer allow covererage I think the other pix are on my other laptop:laugh: we have a 16' section of the main trunk and we are going to mill some slabs this winter :hmm3grin2orange:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Here are some saw Pix,, stumpshots too these are just a few of the flushcutter saws we take on a job but we dont always put bars on everything we usually just dress out what we feel hadnt been run in a while,,, but always bring back ups,,,, just in case if you look close there on standby w/no bars on is a dolmar 9010, 066 mag, 056mag II,,,but ready to rumble w36" bars is the 460 mag and 044 mag!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Klotz R50...nice!!!

000_0708.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

000_0647.jpg
src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/SQSHOOTER/000_0710.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a>
000_0624.jpg

000_0556.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/SQSHOOTER/000_0553.jpg[/IM
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/SQSHOOTER/000_0364.jpg
000_0293.jpg

Last edited:
Red:

copy and paste the URL address and then put img in brackets (next to the letter "P") in front of the adress, and /img in brackets after it before you post it.

This way, the pic will come right up with no need to download an attachment

with a 021

Here you go. Mrs Hunky and I are very proud of it as it took us three years to build it; much of it ourselves.

Jul07002.jpg

BTW, the "hunky-wagon" pictured is a VW Jettta TDI Wagon. Not exactly a traditional muscle car, but at 50+mpg, it flexes a little bit different muscle!. We call it our little stinker!

and you cut all that timber with an 021? lol that Jetta would a called a golf here in the UK, or golf estate!! them VW TDI engines are awesome on my third V dub! 2.0 TDI Touran for ferrying the kids around in..........

All right Bro...

Hey River Rat,

Saw the Pics from Breaux Bridge, thats my stomping grounds too. Grandfather ran a service station and garage in Leonville for 50 years and I was born in New Iberia south of Lafayette. I live in Baton Rouge now.

Enjoyed all of everyones pics !

Chris:D

What part of La You livin in now?????

Finally got the bar for my SP125C so here it is...

I haven't painted the SP125, just cleaned up the scored piston and bore and got her running beautifully again. I can't wait to put this saw into a decent log :greenchainsaw:

In the photo, I'm holding a Mac 110 just for comparison.

RiverRat,

I thought that I had posted that I now live in Baton Rouge. I was born near Breaux Bridge (New Iberia) where you posted the pictures of that job, and spent many a summer in Leonville at my grandfathers shop and garage. Leonville is just a few miles down the road from Breaux Bridge.

I will have to find some pics to post here, I mostly cut wood to help others clear storm damage and for the smoker pit and the outdoor fireplace. Don't take a lot of photos of that.....

Chris

MS-361
MS-260
Echo 306
Shin 352S

Back