weeping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douglas1

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hello all,

i have a two year old tsc splitter, stored covered over the winter.
I noticed some wet hoses? Should this be a concern and should they be replaced?

I have no drips, just some dampness. I have read a pin hole can be dangerous, thus the question.

Thanks

Weeping Problem Here Too

I have the same 35 ton Huskee splitter which was bought last November (new). I had not used it since last spring until one day last week. When I was going to take it out from my shop building I noticed the same weeping of fluid on that same hose as the photo.

I thought what in the world caused this ? Retightened the hose clamps - I have doubled up on all the clamps and added some hydraulic oil to the tank.

Now that I have learned others are having this problem with the same hose on the same splitter I'll need to think about replacing this hose. I'd already had a problem with the high pressure side. It seems Speeco used the wrong length and routed it too close to the frame which rubbed a bad weak spot in it. Speeco sent me a replacement as soon as I brought this to their attention.

Nosmo

Speeco will quickly take care of you. Call Kevin at Speeco customer service: 800-525-8322. He is very friendly and will have a set of hoses shipped to your door ASAP.

That is the great thing about Speeco---awesome customer service!...... The sad thing is that we have to use them! But at least they are there and more than willing to stand behind their products.

Speeco will quickly take care of you. Call Kevin at Speeco customer service: 800-525-8322. He is very friendly and will have a set of hoses shipped to your door ASAP.

That is the great thing about Speeco---awesome customer service!...... The sad thing is that we have to use them! But at least they are there and more than willing to stand behind their products.

:agree2:

hello all,

i have a two year old tsc splitter, stored covered over the winter.
I noticed some wet hoses? Should this be a concern and should they be replaced?

I have no drips, just some dampness. I have read a pin hole can be dangerous, thus the question.

Thanks

Please send me a private message with your address and the model of your unit and I will send you a new hose. We did have some hoses that were installed on some units with this problem. The problem has been corrected for some time now but we will be responsive to anyone who experiences this problem.

Thanks

Kevin@speeco

Please send me a private message with your address and the model of your unit and I will send you a new hose. We did have some hoses that were installed on some units with this problem. The problem has been corrected for some time now but we will be responsive to anyone who experiences this problem.

Thanks

Kevin@speeco

WOW!!

On the eve of a holiday, i received a response from Kevin. A big thank you.

Speeco Takes Care of my Hose

Thank you Kevin ! I made mention of my weeping hose just the other day and a package arrived on my doorstep this morning from Speeco. Thank you again for your fine company and customer service.

Nosmo

Very impressive! Kevin, do you take care of Swisher's as well? LOL!

attachment.php

BTW Kevin, I was just joking! It is nice to see customer service at it's finest, though. Big thumbs up to Speeco and Kevin. Rep sent!

Last edited:
Very impressive! Kevin, do you take care of Swisher's as well? LOL!

attachment.php

BTW Kevin, I was just joking! It is nice to see customer service at it's finest, though. Big thumbs up to Speeco and Kevin. Rep sent!

Customer service that finds you! LOL

thanks, we will always stand by our product.

Weeping is not uncommon to even high end of equipment. I'd just tighten it up and keep an eye on it.

FIDO = forget it and drive on.

Last edited:
Last edited:
New Hose arrived today

Thanks

Kevin@speeco

I did as Kevin suggested and recieved a new hose today, or at least that's what my wife told me, package arrived from SpeeCo. I'm currently on a business trip- will be able to install the new hose this weekend. As many have said, I'm very impressed with SpeeCo Customer Service. As Kevin has stated - "We will always stand behind our product."
FYI - I also know that under the XMAS tree is a SpeeCo log table, how many days until Christmas?

Thanks SpeeCo! Thanks Kevin.

I did as Kevin suggested and recieved a new hose today, or at least that's what my wife told me, package arrived from SpeeCo. I'm currently on a business trip- will be able to install the new hose this weekend. As many have said, I'm very impressed with SpeeCo Customer Service. As Kevin has stated - "We will always stand behind our product."
FYI - I also know that under the XMAS tree is a SpeeCo log table, how many days until Christmas?

Thanks SpeeCo! Thanks Kevin.

Hah! I'm in the same boat.

I got my new hose from SpeeCo (via Kevin) last week, but I've been too busy to install it. It also happened that my two closest TSC's don't carry the log catcher, but they could order it. Just then the TSC clerk told me to wait while he checked the inventory near the store near where he lives, which is our of my way. He picked one up from his store the next morning on the way to work, and I had it in my hands at my TSC that very day. So kudos also go to a good TSC employee! :clap:

Last edited:
Back