welch plugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just replied to your PM with a link to the tech guide (also attached here). The guide also covers metering adjustments. I like it because it has lots of good illustrations. Not to sound like a dummy but I don't want to read a ton of details and theory when I'm up to my eyeballs in carb cleaner, I just want to take a quick look and see what I need to do. I will read the details before or after I'm done. I also like to have my digital camera handy when working on stuff. I take pics so when I forget how stuff went I can go back and look at my pics. Then I can just delete them or save them for another day on my pc.

Funny, I just looked at it again and they say to use a punch for the welch plug so maybe I'm not the dangerous idiot I thought I was.

http://www.zamacarb.com/pdfs/TechGuide_2007.pdf

Sounds like a Zama, and you should leave it alone.

Tell us more about the saw.......

That's just what I did in my Zama EL41 rebuild. Used all the parts except the welch plug. Had no clue either how to get it out or back in once removed.

The saw a Husky 435 which frequently died while cutting and was hard to restart w/o multiple presses on the primer bulb. I concluded I had a bad fuel pump. The thin plastic diaphragm, #38 in the IPL, was the only old part showing distress.

Hope I did good. ;)

Back