Well, got me a Makita....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help!!!!

Well the oil pump is cracked....not sure how something like that happens but thats the problem now. It still oils the chain but it also does the bottom of the saw too!! It also needs the guide disc between the pump and the clutch, it's MIA, somebody has been in this one before!! If anybody can help out with the parts that would be great!!! I really want to take this (running) to the Indiana GTG next weekend!!!

:cheers:
Mike

Well the oil pump is cracked....not sure how something like that happens but thats the problem now. It still oils the chain but it also does the bottom of the saw too!! It also needs the guide disc between the pump and the clutch, it's MIA, somebody has been in this one before!! If anybody can help out with the parts that would be great!!! I really want to take this (running) to the Indiana GTG next weekend!!!

Mike

If you want it running by next weekend, I think you will have to bit the bullet and order new from a sponsor here. They might have a used one too.

Mike

Well, all appears to be good now. I put some power steering stop leak in it and it seems to have quit leaking. I'll test it out some more tomorrow !!!

Mike

WOW!!! Nobody has called BS on the last post?!?!?!?! I'm suprised and disapointed!!!:monkey:

Mike

Well the Makita is up and running. I solved the oil pump problem, the hose that runs from the pump to the bar was leaking. There is no nipple that holds the line onto the pump, the pump just sits on top of the hose and relies on the pressure of the bolted down pump to seal. I just put a fibre warsher between the hose and the case, kinda like sitting on a phone book to see over the steering wheel, to get it to seal. I ran it in some walnut big enough to bury the 32" bar, this thing is awsome!!! I have not even tuned the saw yet, I'll let Brad do that at the GTG this weekend!!! This is the biggest saw I have ran and I'm very impressed with the way it went through that walnut!!!

Mike

Back