Well I gave up on the AC500 but.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Farmerbuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got a 2007 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force instead. It feels like it will pull a log pretty good. That is if i dont burn the tires off first. This thing will run! I've read about them and all but i really didnt think it would have this kind of power. Bad thing is, my knee is still messed up from my cycle wreck a month ago that all i can do is look at it. Oh well. Oh yea, it has 286 miles on it. Looks brand new.

You will be very happy with it I'm sure, my uncle and cousin both have that same model. They tow trailers in the woods loaded down with no problem, but they are fast.

Kyle

You will be very happy with it I'm sure, my uncle and cousin both have that same model. They tow trailers in the woods loaded down with no problem, but they are fast.

Kyle
I just hope its not 'too' fast since i have a 17 and 19 year old boys.

Make sure they are experienced if they take it on the trails. My uncle crashed his 2 days before deer season and missed out that year with broken ribs and bruised back

Kyle

I have been threatening to trade in our sport quads for a couple of utility quads, that way i can put them to work instead of having machines sitting around just for fun.
are they any good for skidding logs out, or is it best to use a trailer? Most of the area that I get wood from is pretty rough, I doubt a trailer would be a good idea.

I have been threatening to trade in our sport quads for a couple of utility quads, that way i can put them to work instead of having machines sitting around just for fun.
are they any good for skidding logs out, or is it best to use a trailer? Most of the area that I get wood from is pretty rough, I doubt a trailer would be a good idea.
I cant answer your question but i do know if they wont skid a log, its not because they dont have enough power.

Guy down the street has a Brute Force 650, and when his son rides it he can pull the front wheels off the ground and ride the wheelie for a considerable distance. Pretty impressive for a machine that weighs that much. They also do ATV pulls with it and they weight the front end with 200 lbs tractor weights to keep it on the ground.

My 07' Eiger won't pull the front end up but I have skidded some pretty good sized logs with nothing more than a log chain.

Ok Stihl Sawing, here's your pic. Cell phone though.
BruteForce.jpg

Guy down the street has a Brute Force 650, and when his son rides it he can pull the front wheels off the ground and ride the wheelie for a considerable distance. Pretty impressive for a machine that weighs that much. They also do ATV pulls with it and they weight the front end with 200 lbs tractor weights to keep it on the ground.

My 07' Eiger won't pull the front end up but I have skidded some pretty good sized logs with nothing more than a log chain.
My boys were out tonight. They were impressed! And yes.....it will do wheelies rather easily if you want it to.

Wow, Buck that's a nice one. you ought to really enjoy it. There's probably nowhere it won't go. I like the color too. Your cell phone takes a good pic, Thanks for posting it. Your making me want a new one. But that's all i'm gonna do is want.lol

Wow, Buck that's a nice one. you ought to really enjoy it. There's probably nowhere it won't go. I like the color too. Your cell phone takes a good pic, Thanks for posting it. Your making me want a new one. But that's all i'm gonna do is want.lol
Thanks I think i got a pretty good deal. Not too much over half price. I'm thinking 60 +/- hrs.

Back