Well, I guess its time.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawaddict

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
to start fires in the evenings. Lows in mid 30's, highs in low 70s and rain this week. I must be getting soft. My last fire was June 12 this year, that was only two and a half months ago!

Im thinking a small fire at night is a good opportunity to use up the 2 cords of pine i came across last spring.

Fortunately its still in the 80s here, and cooler at night. I'm looking at a late October first fire, I hope.But I'm ready right now :chainsaw: .

Forecast high here at work near D.C. today 95 deg. At home in the Valley will be around 85-86. Night temps are in the hi 50's, altho last sunday morning was 53....Need to get my hydrocoils in place, finish boiler piping, tie in the loops, and I'm ready.

Its been hot here, low 90's most of the time, but at least it cools off in the evening. Last night it dropped to 58 degrees.

fires? i'm still running the a/c on many days.

Mamma's got the air on yet.

The thought of a fire sounds good but it's been in the low 90's here for several days. It's supposed to cool down to the low 80's tomorrow thank goodness.

Looking at the ten day forecast, 70s and 50s, so no fires anytime soon, the farther into October we can make, the better.
Here honey, found your insulated flannel, and a wool sweater.
Kids, how many times do I have to remind you, the cat is not a stole.

it's getting abit nippy here in the evening aswell but not as cold as you about 30-50 . I'm going to try and hold off untill the end of the month to start burning..

I have had a fire the last three nights and had to scrape the windshield this morning! But this will be the last cold morning according to the forecast for a wile.:)

Austin 1,

That is just wrong.....you shouldn't have to scape the windshield in the first part of September !!!! I sure like to burn wood, but that cold in September is WRONG !!!! Have fun !!!!!

Basso

Thank Al Gore !!!

Austin 1,

That is just wrong.....you shouldn't have to scape the windshield in the first part of September !!!! I sure like to burn wood, but that cold in September is WRONG !!!! Have fun !!!!!

Basso

Didn't you all know? Al Gore solved global warming.....a frosty windshield in September in the Northern Hemishere is our dividend.....maybe Gore can fly his private jet to Barbados if it gets too nippy in Tennessee.:)

I have been fighting the AC battle with the wife the last 2 weeks. Other than finishing splitting tonight, I haven't even thought of burning anytime soon. I hope I fight the no fire or furnace battle into November but might have to light the fire in October if it cools. Exhaust/intake fans in 2 windows, good insulation, and proper timing of turning them on/off eliminates a lot of heating/cooling bills.

Yep, here we go also, down in the 30s in the am, been rainy and cool during the days. It warms up, if the sun peeks out. I just bought 7 more cords of pine today, will make 11 for the house stove, and an endless supply of cottonwood for the shop. great wood eh? lol

Not sure what happened but I've gone from wearing t-shirts and shorts outside to wearing Jeans and sweaters. It's like someone flipped a switch Last week was nice, then we had all rain during the weekend and now all this week had been cold, almost had to scrap the window in the car this morning..

Almost time to spark up the stove!!!!

It got down to 40 the other night and I lit one up in the morning just for the fun of it cause it was a tad chilly in the basement. After the stove heated up, I had to open all the windows and let some cool air in, it became uncomfortably hot right away!

Tonight might be the night. I was hoping to wait about 2 or 3 more weeks but it has been raining all day and it is 63 degree's, I've been working some out in the rain today and I am damp and chilled. I'm thinking first fire as soon as I get home from work. I have some soft maple and some birch in the basement all ready to go. :clap:

Latest posts

Back