Well, it just had to happen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reaperman

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just when it was perfect for cutting, splitting, gathering wood it SNOWED :angry: Now this $hit will be here all winter long. Even though we only got a few inches, its just not the same. I guess it happens every year so I shouldnt be upset, but its hard to walk away from ideal conditions. I know what will cheer me up, going into town, and trying to find a parking spot, and figuring out what to buy the wife for xmas :poke: Yea, that should make me feel much better. Merry Christmas

Wow, our snows come and go all the time. We had a small dusting the other Monday, it was gone the next day. The only bad thing is the ground gets so soft when it does not freeze, although it is pretty dry here still. I quess living up North thats just the way it is?

Merry Christmas, and have fun shopping.

Just when it was perfect for cutting, splitting, gathering wood it SNOWED :angry: Now this $hit will be here all winter long. Even though we only got a few inches, its just not the same. I guess it happens every year so I shouldnt be upset, but its hard to walk away from ideal conditions. I know what will cheer me up, going into town, and trying to find a parking spot, and figuring out what to buy the wife for xmas :poke: Yea, that should make me feel much better. Merry Christmas

This might make you feel a little better.

A couple weeks ago I had two cords of seasoned pine sitting outside. The forecast said we had a winter weather advisory so i moved a cord into an old smokehouse with an open door(no door).Thinking it would keep the snow off of it for the most part. Well that storm turned into 12" and 60 mph winds. You can guess what happened. One whole cord of pine packed full of snow. The wood is still sopping:buttkick: Im an idiot. The stuff that was piled outside is fine.:monkey:

I hear ya!!!

We were all set for the year and then some. Then the MIL sort of let it slip she was going to burn wood this year on account of fuel oil pices.

There went 2/3 of our seasoned wood...

So then I'm busy cutting and splitting stuff I had downed last year and the year before clearing farm field. Half green stuff..yech!

Then my cousin tells me to come over and clean up a bunch of old Cherry and oak logs that have been stacked for about 8 years, prices on timber are crap, he dosn't have time, dosn't burn, and wants the pile gone.

Now the white crap is piling up, the timber is stacked a 1/4 mile back into the field, and getting the truck stuck in hidden mud holes ain't on my list of things I enjoy.

Just had minor surgery and will be down untill mid week or later as the snow keeps getting deeper, and deeper....:censored: :censored: :censored: !!!!!!!!

Shopping you say?
Does that really help, or does it leave you still wanting to pull fur an hour later? Never tried it, I always wait untill the 24th.;)

Hang in there!
Dingeryote

stay oyya town & give your wife lots a hugs & lots a Os OsOs ...if only men knew...Women ARE like Chainsaws,,,the more you play & tinker around w/us...the more likely we are to dance & scream for/withya
w/l olive
jess.gif

It's 6 here this morning. Got snow and high winds yesterday. Supposed to be 50 on Wednesday.

:monkey:

Cold Mud....the only thing worse than snow in the shorts on a hot date, or anything else for that matter!

:angrysoapbox:

Stay dry!
(Try cussing at the wood for falling where it did, it dosn't work but makes ya feel better;))

Dingeryote

About all the snow is good for is keeping the frost from going deeper - Makes 'mud season' a little shorter. Other than that, it :censored: sucks - There's no nice way to put it. It's always colder after too, the snow reflects the already weak sun back off the ground. Wet logs, wood, gloves, chains............. Can't find something if you drop it, try to climb a hill [or go down] without busting your butt........I really hate snow. :buttkick:

Well I absolutely LOVE snow!! :clap: I'll take my lake effect constant snowy MI winter over my old rainy WA winters any year!

In fact, I get giddy just thinking about snow :D

Snow is a non-factor for me.

Many of the good spots around here are not accessible until after the roads freeze up a bit. Usually that includes some snowfall.

The majority of my cutting is done when there is snow on the ground and, IMHO, certainly doesn't detract from a good wood cutting day.

Latest posts

Back