Wesco options.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's time. I have decided to replace the whites with wescos and I have a few questions that I hope a few of you may be able to asnswer.
First off, which is the kevlar threading, Is it worth it? Secondly, inside lining. I see no lining is standard but would it be beneficial to get the black leather lining? And lastly, tricounties. It sounds like they are great for extra support,(i have a bad left ankle) as well as getting more traction in the steeps and in rocky ground. I can recall slipping a lot trying to get up close from the low side and sliding cause of roots that my corks wouldn't grab cause of the angle of my foot. The tricounties alone run 120.00, so i kind of want to make sure they are going to be beneficial. At 859$ i want to get this right!
That is about all I can think of at the moment, Thanks guys & gals!!

I have a pair of Jobmasters, except for the sole screws, they are built like the basic Whites. They run about $425, about $50-75 less than Whites.
My ankles are good, can't help you there, but they do give a lot of support.

I have a set of Wesco timber boots, I love them so far they are only 3 years old. If you can get out to the factory to see them in person and have them do the measurements it's well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have basic Wesco calks and they are fine. Never had tricunnies (sp) so no advice there. I would not go with leather lining but once again I have no real world experience there. Most of my boots are Whites and I prefer them over Wesco.
BTW I'm shocked at the price!

There's also Kulien Boots out of Centralia but they can get super pricey fast

i can't help ya much since i don't wear calks, but i did have a pair of carolina loggers years ago with leather lining and i thought they helped the fit but they were a little warm in hot weather. not as bad as that gore tex though.....i will never own gor tex again.

pac, you liked the fit on the red dawgs? i need narrow and i see they are only in medium or wide.......they made here or china?

i can't help ya much since i don't wear calks, but i did have a pair of carolina loggers years ago with leather lining and i thought they helped the fit but they were a little warm in hot weather. not as bad as that gore tex though.....i will never own gor tex again.

pac, you liked the fit on the red dawgs? i need narrow and i see they are only in medium or wide.......they made here or china?
w
made in canada.http://www.canadawestboots.com/index.html.

na, i'm in and out of the skidder and loader so much, it would be a pain. plus its pretty flat here........once in a while i get on a gulley and think about calks, then i am back to flat ground.
worst trouble i have is breaking down the arch support, but i get 2 years or so out of 150$ boots with out taking any care of um so it ain't bad.

I can tell you that the major limitation on Kuliens is time -- there's only one guy full-time there right now and he's busting his ass to keep up with the demand but there are a lot more people who want boots than there is the one guy building them!

As for me, I'm still happy with Nick's -- very good boot for the price. I'm into my second pair and I have no complaints.

I pulled the trigger. Wish I cold go over to Scapp to get measured, but I'm 3000 miles away @ the moment. I've got my fitment deal on the way & I'm positive about good results. I'll post some pics in 3 or 4 months. Thanks men.

That's one of the main reasons I use them is they are only a few miles from me

No I'm not don't hardly have time with logging and doing Christmas trees I'm pretty busy a lot of my buddies are though

Got a pair of Hoffman Faller calks, not too pricey, have had em about a year and are holding up well. A little chunky, and the sympatex lining is crap. I have a pair of the Red Dawg 12" "logger boots" these things are plain................leather.............boots.............. and are the toughest work boot I have owned. Can't say enough good things about em'. I am wanting a new pair of calks and am hem hawing between $450 Whites or the Red Dawgs.

You might try Masen's they have their brand which use to be built by White for 200 or 250 I can't remember off hand.

Back