Wesco options.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those of y'all that like the red dawgs, are they waterproof?

A lineman buddy of mine loves his; he's had Wescos, Hoffmans, Whites, and recommended the Red Dawgs.

For me a boot must be 4 things;
1) Not Made in China
2) Leather
3) Waterproof
4) Comfortable

Ive gotten to where i only buy Safety Toe boots out I habit, and because I like my toes.

Do Red Dawgs fit that?

Doesn't it cost $100 just for the "fit kit" from Wesco?

I need boots BADLY, but I have narrow feet and there doesn't seem to be any such thing anymore. A guy used to be able to buy narrow work boots off the shelf, but I haven't seen anything narrower than a D in years. With D width boots I have to wear two thick pairs of socks of I'm in for a world of hurt.

Those of y'all that like the red dawgs, are they waterproof?

A lineman buddy of mine loves his; he's had Wescos, Hoffmans, Whites, and recommended the Red Dawgs.

For me a boot must be 4 things;
1) Not Made in China
2) Leather
3) Waterproof
4) Comfortable

Ive gotten to where i only buy Safety Toe boots out I habit, and because I like my toes.

Do Red Dawgs fit that?
No they don't. I own the Vibram soled ones, but the corks are the same. They are an all leather boot. You can make them water repellant not waterproof.

Doesn't it cost $100 just for the "fit kit" from Wesco?

I need boots BADLY, but I have narrow feet and there doesn't seem to be any such thing anymore. A guy used to be able to buy narrow work boots off the shelf, but I haven't seen anything narrower than a D in years. With D width boots I have to wear two thick pairs of socks of I'm in for a world of hurt.

I don't remember what the extra cost was but it wasn't a lot. All I can say is that is was sure worth it. Once you get custom fitted boots you'll wonder how you ever wore anything else.
You spend a lot of your life in your boots. Why not get the best?

i learned that i don't like waterproof. that membrane and the padding make um hot........i hate sweaty feet.
Same here ,summer boots are unlined ,winter boots are gortex ,actually the last danners i got are not too bad in warm weather once they got broke in ,i like being able to take a hose to my boots while wearing them and no leaks ,that is a nice feature ,faller that works next door just got his whites rebuilt ,boy did those look stiff ,lol

Obenauf's seems to do a good job.
Yes it does Bob, but remember I live in Western Wash. Not Ca. The best stuff ever was the Loggers World Boot Oil. That was about as close as you could get to waterproofing your boots. I still have some boot socks that are forever stained from it :)

I just checked it's $99 for the custom fit form to be sent. I did a mock order. The only options I added where a leather lining and a steel toe. $700. Maybe some day. I need another saw before I need boots.

Yep. 99.00 for the custom fit. Like I was saying, the tricounies where 120.00. Got them all around. 14" uppers, lace to toe, Kevlar threads, spring heel, and rough out lowers. No lining. I don't step on my feet so shoes last a while. I do have a high instep, don't know if I need to tell them that or not. I'll probably cop a set of reddawgs for the mean time as well as a standby. I can get a smart discount on them right now.

That's a good point about the high instep. It would seem they would need to have a drawing or measurement of that.

That's a good point about the high instep. It would seem they would need to have a drawing or measurement of that.

The way they do it at Kuliens is they start at the middle of your arch and build forward to your toe and back to your heel accordingly. That way, the boot is made to fit your foot rather than the opposite. Of course, that's why they are so expensive.

The leather sets good to my feet after breakin. I've never liked insert soles. They move around and all that jazz.. there was a section for comments in the order sequence, but I didn't say anything. I'll make note on my fitment form.
I just hope mine are as badass as Mr.Gologit's, those are some slick lookin shoes Bob.

The leather sets good to my feet after breakin. I've never liked insert soles. They move around and all that jazz.. there was a section for comments in the order sequence, but I didn't say anything. I'll make note on my fitment form.
I just hope mine are as badass as Mr.Gologit's, those are some slick lookin shoes Bob.

LOL....They aren't as pretty as they used to be but they're sure holding up well. Hmmmm...kinda like the owner.

Latest posts

Back