Wesco options.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had pretty good luck getting things fast from Bailey's. Think being in northeast Cal helps, they ship out of their Woodland store. Most things I get UPS, I use the mail if it is cheaper. ED

I spoke with my neighbor the leather wholesaler regarding Wesco and Whites. He said they are buy still buying the best leather available, sourced from American steers. Some of those skins are tanned in the USA while others are tanned in China or Europe. The sides are re-tanned in various countries for different reasons. Matt said the leather is always improving BTW. That is good news for those of us who cover our feet in leather for protection and not just fashion.

I didn't realize White's is a Japanese company. ABC Mart, something like that bought them last year through their La Crosse/Danner division.

BTW Wranglerstar has a new video series that tours Nick's factory.

Before all these rubber soled caulks you see now there was two kinds of leather in caulk shoes, sole leather and upper leather. Kuliens still uses sole leather. then there is Kip leather which costs extra at Kuliens. Supposed to be lighter and tougher.
Maybe some of the leather experts can explain that stuff. I am no expert.
I will say this though. It is a sad day when a logger thinks WESCOs are a top of the line shoe. If you ever had the opportunity to wear Highlines or Johnsons you would know of what I speak. My Dad used to say Grays Harbors were a first rate shoe too but that is way before my time.
On the other hand Currins were like strapping a brick to your foot so I guess it wasn't all roses back then.

My buddy who works at Kuliens showed me the sole leather. It's REALLY thick -- like half an inch -- and they press the soles out using molds like razor-sharp cookie cutters. I guess it's imported from Germany. Apparently it only comes from older steers, and it's not common to let the animals live long enough to get that thick a hide any more, hence the scarcity of that material. I can ask for clarification if anybody's interested.

Before all these rubber soled caulks you see now there was two kinds of leather in caulk shoes, sole leather and upper leather. Kuliens still uses sole leather. then there is Kip leather which costs extra at Kuliens. Supposed to be lighter and tougher.
Maybe some of the leather experts can explain that stuff. I am no expert.
I will say this though. It is a sad day when a logger thinks WESCOs are a top of the line shoe. If you ever had the opportunity to wear Highlines or Johnsons you would know of what I speak. My Dad used to say Grays Harbors were a first rate shoe too but that is way before my time.
On the other hand Currins were like strapping a brick to your foot so I guess it wasn't all roses back then.
I wear them since they're local for me and the boots are built to my feet. We don't have as many boot makers anymore for the industry either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've arrived, and they feel awfully big..
where you been?
i went ahead and got the D width carolinas since it will be august before any B widths will be available........they are a bit wide, i guess i'll put more insoles in them.
Hampton shoe is good to deal with and only sells US made boots. i might get two pair in august just so this don't happen again.

They come up a bit over half way up my shins. The uppers are fine, from the instep forward feels lose. Might be sending them back. I'm going to call them tomorrow.

always loose in the heel and ankle for me.
i don't blame you, for that much money they should fit right. boots aggravate the **** outta me, if their not snug and support my ankles they turn over.......that kinda hurts. every body don't have big wide feet.
Ted what are ya cutting now?

I need boots now too. I wore my D width boots again on Friday. Agony by 2pm. Just too much slop. I have to wear two pairs of sock, but then my feet are both too hot and it makes the boots too short in length. Can't win that one. The Carolinas aren't available until August? Ouch.

Latest posts

Back