West Central Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son and I are going to make the trip I am coming out of Detroit headign south on 75 and W on 30 if anyone needs a ride something picked up etc. contact me I will doing anything to help Im taking my Quad cab truck plenty of room for at least 1 or 2 riders comfortably and plenty o saws. :rock:

Do you folks mind if a neophyte from the big city joins this here shindig? I don’t have any big iron, nor do I saw for a living; most of my saw work is dead-fall at my rental properties, or occasional maintenance work for friends.

I’m about a 2 hour drive.

Do you folks mind if a neophyte from the big city joins this here shindig? I don’t have any big iron, nor do I saw for a living; most of my saw work is dead-fall at my rental properties, or occasional maintenance work for friends.

None of that matters one bit. Bring what ya got and come enjoy the fun.

You'll fit in just fine. In fact, if you're like me, you'll actually feel 'normal' for a change. :msp_wink:

I am getting excited for sure. I have the day off, and will try to get a few things ready to go. We are bringing about 8 saws total, an ez-up some chairs, and some extra bars. I think that will fill the truck bed up pretty fast.

If there is any interest, I have a few OPE items to bring for trade or give-away, none running as is, but great for parts or as a project.

The list: McCulloch Mac 85SX weed trimmer; McCulloch MB3200 blower, McCulloch Pro Mac GHT19 hedge trimmer, Stihl FS81 weed trimmer.

Also will have a couple Stihl bar guards/scabbards to trade for McCulloch branded same.

Interested in old McCulloch saws/parts saws/parts. If you have something to trade, that's great. If not, I'd still like to have these go to some guys who can use them for other than scrap.

Arboristsite.com tshirts

Hey guys just wondering if people would be interested in an ArboristSite.com tshirt at the gtg? I went to my local tshirt making place and it is looking like the cost would be between $11-$16 per shirt if they are size small to XL. XXL would be an additional couple bucks. But the more demand, the lower the cost. I was thinking about just getting a bunch of the XL shirts but I don't want people to buy something that does not fit them. I would have a better idea on price depending on the feedback.

THE SHIRTS WOULD ONLY BE AVAILABLE AT THE GTG!!!!!! I CANNOT TAKE ORDERS FROM OTHER MEMBERS AND SHIP THEM TO YOU!!!

As for color I was thinking a florescent yellow. And shirt design would be the whole ArboristSite.com logo in black on the front center of the chest and then on the back would be the big "A" logo in black.

Let me know what you think. I guess I am shooting for 25 shirts. If I get that many they would be $11 each in the size S-XL, $13 for XXL +.

Rory,

I suspect that the AS logo is copyrighted, you probably need to ask Darin before you reproduce it.

Gary

One step ahead. Already got the ok from Darin to do so. I am just not allowed to to sell them on here. They can only be sold at the GTG.

Just FYI, I am not making a dime on the shirts, just selling them for what they cost me.

:msp_thumbup:

Last edited:
One large shirt for me. :clap:

And yes Brad, it is zooming up on us. Gotta' locktite the fasteners on my 390XP - it seems determined to be rid of them.

Is your chain cutting smoothly or is it jumpy? I haven't experienced that with any of mine.

Very smooth, in fact the big 'ol hickory chunk I was playing in cut so easily that I first thought it must have gone punky, until I actually went around the other side and cut a piece loose - hard as woodpecker lips. That 390 ripped a 28" swath (8-pin, full comp) so fast I would have sworn the wood was rotten.

Back