Western Pa., Eastern Ohio,GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks

thanks dave and sally and the girls. i had a good time and learned a bit too. donny also enjoyd himself (anytime he can run his 076 he's happy). there was definatly a lot of coookies cut i realized that when i started up the hill and had to find another gear,there isnt any space between those you have a solid chunk,it is a lot heavier than a load of oak. it was also nice to meet evryone and put a face to names. BILL

thanks dave and sally and the girls. i had a good time and learned a bit too. donny also enjoyd himself (anytime he can run his 076 he's happy). there was definatly a lot of coookies cut i realized that when i started up the hill and had to find another gear,there isnt any space between those you have a solid chunk,it is a lot heavier than a load of oak. it was also nice to meet evryone and put a face to names. BILL

That did look like it was going to be a pretty heavy load you had there!

That did look like it was going to be a pretty heavy load you had there!

Yea it had some weight to it. I usually load it about the same with logs 16 or 18 inch and it ends up a little over a cord when its split. I would guess i probably had another 800 or so lbs on that load the tires were close to the bed. Thats about where it sits with
2 1/2 to 3 ton of slag. BILL

I was thinking about hosting a GTG in late February or March. Hopefully it would be a little warmer then the main winter months.And help relieve cabin fever. What I am thinking is I could have my Peterson Saw mill set up. And we could have a couple different splitters,and lots of saws. I would hope to have several 10x10's milled by then for cutting.

My location is pretty much in the center of this,I am right off of the Pa turnpike(free exit,exit 1 or 2)The 376 corridor is about 3 miles from my home(route 60 toll) I am about 18 miles west of interstate 79,around 25 miles south of interstate 80 and about 50 miles north of interstate 70.

I am about 6 hours from DC,Philly,Baltimore and New York City. Around 3 1/2 hours from Buffalo,Columbus and Detroit and 2 hours from Cleveland. Also about 45 minutes from down town Pittsburgh. I would really like to have a couple dozen or more show up.

So if you are interested,speak up and we will see how many want to come. Thanks, Dave

Im right outside pittsburgh by the allegheny / westmoreland border.

Last year was a blast. I heard rumblings of a racing type GTG this winter in central ohio. Haven't heard anything else about it though. Wampum put on a fine show, but it is a lot of coordination to get it done properly.

I had a blast last year.Alot of cool people and my Aunt Sally's cooking was awsome as always.Maybe I will bring my old Remington.It runs pretty good maybe you guys can show me how to make it run better.:rock:

That sounds like a fun event indeed with lots of saws. I'll benchmark this never been to them neck of the woods for a GTG. From deep in the forest of the Cascade mountains in the PNW it would be a road trip in the rig filled with bic cc yellows and a monster gear drive or two:hmm3grin2orange:

Or..base camp at Ambulls:biggrin:load up all his 101's,SP125's and any thing else yellow that's loud and heavy:hmm3grin2orange:...and of course room for the keg:rock:

2 acres is plenty of room. Did you move Roger? I notice your location says mcclellandtown now.

yes sir i sure did move. best thing i coulda done too. i'm outta the city and doin my own thing!

well i guess 2 acres is enough room, but i have no trees and no way to transport logs here. ya know what? now that you got me thinkin about it, i bet i could pull off a GTG. i'll think on it a while, thanks for the push brother!

on a side note, are you still wheelin? me and my buddy still got them 15 acres in Ligonier to play on.

Yep i'm still a wheelin! The ole cherokee is meaner than ever. My buddy from latrobe is gettin his cage finished up soon and we'll be lookin to get out. I'll send ya a pm sometime when we're ready, i'd love to get out there and check it out at least. You get your chev runnin?

LOL, NO!! i bought a new edelbrock carb, intake, and a bunch of other stuff for it last spring and just never got the time to turn the wrenches. it runs, just not great. my buddy got himself an '87 jeep J20 with a 360 and a 4 speed, but he's having carb problems too. he needs a new base gasket i think, but he can't find one. the gasket that came with his carb rebuild kit wasn't the right one. IDK, i don't speak jeepenese, LOL.

i thought you were running an old scout or bronco?

Back