western pa/eastern ohio GTG II august

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you all had a good time. I will make it one of these years, just wasn't in the cards for me this year...

I just wanted to take a minute and thank everyone who came out and helped out in any way from putting on a show to helping get things set up and the guys that helped with donations just to many things to list but I would also like to thank the guys that let me run their saws i had the chance to run some real nice equipment today Billy and I was talking and it was said maybe we didn't have a lot of ppl their but the ones that did come to the gtg are a great bunch of guys
But most of all I would like to give a huge thanks to billy and my son Donny cause without them it would never have been possible to have the show they cut and hauled all the wood their and then hauled it all out that night but I was very glad to see smiling faces I think everyone had a great time also Ron thank you for spending your day helping us on your anniversary
Also dan I want to thank you and your sone for posting the pictures the one thing I forgot to do charge my camera before the gtg lol

Don Smith
Wayne twp vfd

Bill it was a pleasure to get a chance and talk to you in person. I did get some strange looks while traveling with 4 Stihl saws on the top of the truck on the way home. We did get a chance to look at the 028 Super last night. After cleaning all the crude off it, it's only missing a few pieces. Piston and cylinder looked great and the dang thing runs good.

Bill it was a pleasure to get a chance and talk to you in person. I did get some strange looks while traveling with 4 Stihl saws on the top of the truck on the way home. We did get a chance to look at the 028 Super last night. After cleaning all the crude off it, it's only missing a few pieces. Piston and cylinder looked great and the dang thing runs good.

That is good to hear call me about that starter cup when you get the chance not sure what these are they are off the saws. I ALWAYS GET STRANGE LOOKS WHEN I HAVE STIHL SAWS IF YOU HAD HUSKYS UP THERE PEOPLE WOULD HAVE WAVED AT YOU !!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

I want to thank Bill, Don and Donny for everything you guys did.I know it took a lot of time,hard work and cash to pull this off but i think the smiles on the faces of some of those kids that got to run some of the saws and equipment that day made it all worth it. I know it did for me. I really enjoyed meeting everybody you guys are awesome. Thanks Glock37 for letting me sample some of masterminds work all i can say is wow that thing really throws the chips.:blob2: I really liked the way everybody shared there saws with whoever wanted to run them and Thanks to all that let me run theres.I really had a blast. I also want to thank all the firemen for everything they do every day i never needed to call upon you guys but i know if i did you guys would be there for me. May god ride with you.

Glad all you boys had fun playin with saws all the day!

I was rather upset I couldn't join in on the fun this time:(

Glad all you boys had fun playin with saws all the day!

I was rather upset I couldn't join in on the fun this time:(

If it would make you feel better I still have all this plus a few more piles sitting here waiting to be cut. Probably 30 cord I think I can cheer you right up View attachment 313011

Last edited:
If it would make you feel better I still have all this plus a few more piles sitting here waiting to be cut. Probably 30 cord I think I can cheer you right up View attachment 313011

Sure would!

I have lots of wood to cut for my parents yet

Gonna have to drop trees........they couldn't get a load of poles

I might just have something small the fire dept don't appreciate all I did and donated to them I am going to try to have something though

Don't know how I missed the spring thing, but will be sure to make it end of August
wisewood

Dan I thought you might have been able to make the one at Marysville. It was pretty good also but would have been a bit of a drive for you.
I was in Wampum on a 4 wheeler ride two weeks age, had a good time there also
lee

I wanted to go and Mike and I were going to ride together. It was my only day off in a span of 12 days and some rough times going on at that time. Hope to meet up with you again. I want to get some sharpening tips from you!

Back