Western Pa., Eastern Ohio,GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to figure the best spot to have this. I have considered one of my gardens. I would have to spread a lot of straw to stay out of the mud.But that would be a great level spot and the other spots could be used for parking. I do not think it would be wise to park or have it in a pasture that time of year,because of the soft soil.

Its getting close only a few weeks away,looking forward to meeting a bunch of new friends. By the way I will have my Split Fire set up.If you live close and want to bring some of your own wood to split that would be fine. I will have plenty of wood to split if you want to try it. Some one else said they would bring their Super Split. Great time to try other saws and a couple of splitters. Looking forward to a great time,come and have fun,enjoy your selves.

Hopefully i can make it. I am working now and have off Sun, Mon, Tues and every other Weds but i prob can take a Sat if needed, ringy dingy i won't be in...Bob

The address is Possum Hollow road Wampum Pa. 16157 If you need the house # or phone #,I will Pm them to you. Possum Hollow road is only about 3 miles long and I will have signs up. For cutting cookies I am going to bring in a bunch of 10 to 12 inch sassafras from my woods. Should be plenty to cut. I already have cherry down so I will put it by the splitters if you want to try it. I believe we will have a super split and I will have my split fire.If anyone wants to bring a different brand you are welcome too. I am not trying to get others to split my wood,you are welcome to bring your own if you want. Just trying to give you a chance to try different splitters. Also I believe lots of different saws will be here for you to try.
I am not planning on being fancy with the food,probably Hot Dogs and a couple of side dishes. You are welcome to bring pot luck. I will have lots of soda and coffee.

Wow no clue how I missed this thread, I haven't been on here much lately, but this is in my neck of the woods! I should be there with at least one buddy, he'll have at least 2 saws with him, and I'll be bringin the entire fleet of saws, runners, non runners, parts saws, and everything is for sale (for the right price :hmm3grin2orange: ) But seriously I'd like to unload my parts saws if anyone wants em, they'll be cheap. I hope to see all of you western pa fellas there, and can't wait to see Buzz's saws again my god were they immaculate and running great at the WV GTG a year or two ago.

Wow no clue how I missed this thread, I haven't been on here much lately, but this is in my neck of the woods! I should be there with at least one buddy, he'll have at least 2 saws with him, and I'll be bringin the entire fleet of saws, runners, non runners, parts saws, and everything is for sale (for the right price :hmm3grin2orange: ) But seriously I'd like to unload my parts saws if anyone wants em, they'll be cheap. I hope to see all of you western pa fellas there, and can't wait to see Buzz's saws again my god were they immaculate and running great at the WV GTG a year or two ago.

Wonder why you hadn't chimed in yet. Sounds like it'll be a hoot! I'll have a couple saws you haven't seen yet and with any luck, the IEL/Pioneer HM will be ready. Since we're cutting 12" sassafrass, I'll have to find a 16" bar for the SP125.

Sounds great! I have some different stuff I'll be bringing this time as well. Nothing super exotic but a nice old bastardized Sears D44 Direct Drive, got it missing a recoil and scavenged one that kinda fits it :D Also my mildly modified Husqpoulcrapsmen 36 special! hehe

Trying to figure the best spot to have this. I have considered one of my gardens. I would have to spread a lot of straw to stay out of the mud

With any luck it will stay dry for a while. These last 2 sunny windy days really helped dry things up nicely at my place.

As far as saws go I have a few that need to be ran. I'll bring some of my Oly's and the Remingtons. My old Mac will make an appearance too. I'll be filing this week for sure. Probably be getting some plugs too.

Yesterday I managed to get 17 sassafras logs out and stacked on railroad ties to keep them out of the dirt. All of theses logs are 6 feet long,14 of them are at least 10 inches in diameter,averaging about 12 inches. 3 are 6 to 8 inches. If you think I need a few more small ones let me know.These are all for cookies.

I sent out 41 PM's yesterday to remind all that said they were interested,so far only one has posted back with a definite no.Several have said they are going to bring friends. Several locals are coming,so I am hoping for a good turn out. I expect some not to make it,because things do come up. But I believe we will have close to three dozen.

Would some that are good taking pics and posting them bring their cameras along to share this GTG with those that can not make it.

I hope to get at least a cord of cherry put and in a pile for the splitters. The cherry I am bringing out is not all straight grain,some of it is pretty knotty. That away you will get a good idea on the splitters. Please bring a splitter if you can,so folks that are looking can have a good idea of what they may invest in.If you are close and want to split your own wood bring it and take it home.

Looking for a good time,looking forward to meeting folks and putting a face to a name. I have a 10x20 and a 10x10 tent I will put up if it looks like we might get wet.My back porch is 16x40,I hope to have tables set up for eating and socializing.

Wampum - I am a definite no as well. Wife just started a new job 2 weeks ago and on Saturdays works a double. Didn't expect her to find something so soon. I will try to get hooked up with either Angelo or Ambull and send out a bunch of chains I have for guys to go through. Some slightly used, and some never used at all. I was really looking forward to making this. It was a pleasure to meet you at my GTG. Hope all goes well. Make sure to take care of my friend Angelo. Wouldn't want my boy from "the Jerz" to get in any trouble with the Western PA boys! LOL

Wampum - I am a definite no as well. Wife just started a new job 2 weeks ago and on Saturdays works a double. Didn't expect her to find something so soon. I will try to get hooked up with either Angelo or Ambull and send out a bunch of chains I have for guys to go through. Some slightly used, and some never used at all. I was really looking forward to making this. It was a pleasure to meet you at my GTG. Hope all goes well. Make sure to take care of my friend Angelo. Wouldn't want my boy from "the Jerz" to get in any trouble with the Western PA boys! LOL

can't ya just get a new wife ?:laugh:

I know this is off topic but I wasn't having any luck with the thread that I started so I figured this might be a better spot to post my question since everybody is from my area. I don't want to hijack this thread so please PM me if you have a response. Thanks!

I have a 68" bar that needs reconditioning and I can't find anywhere in Western Pa that does it. My last bar was sent to Chain Bar Repairing in Portland, Oregon. They are a great company but the shipping cost is killing me and I would like to find a repair shop a little closer to home. Does anybody within 250 miles of Pittsburgh provide this service?

Or is there gonna be any big old hardwood logs for long bar guys?
I was saving a couple 25"ish 4 foot long pine logs, but i've been slicing them here and there.

If need be I may be able to get ahold of some 36- 30"ish pine logs, but it would be a chinese fire drill to get them cut and in my truck in time, the odds are well against me.

Latest posts

Back