Western Red

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other lads will know better than me, but i think the 880 will use less fuel on bigger stuff. Yeah i definitely use more fuel on Maple.

Ha ha, yeah no doubt it could not be a spruce. I'm just playing off the fact have been looking hard for a red spruce on AS with no luck.

Nice. That's got to be some of the toughest milling I've seen yet. Sheer determination to get those slabs out. It is great to be on a forum where others are as crazy as I am.

Thanks Dave appreciate it. There'll be more comin in spots like that too. We're lucky enough to have access to some awesome logging areas.

nice find. great job on the recovery of such a nice log. looks like alot of work but definately worth it! that 880 looks to not even break a sweat on those!

Ok in some of the hard woods with 90cc saws I was going through a gallon every 4 cuts 13' long. I figure the 088 will use more than they did.
My 100CC Homelite Super 1050 has a 49 ounce fuel tank and I would get about a tank per two 13'cuts, 24 to 27 inches wide, of Red Oak. I hope the Stihl would cut a bit faster and get a little better fuel per foot milled, than the old Homey, cause I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me get a new 880, Joe.

If I get time to set up an time the cuts I'll let you know how it works out.

Latest posts

Back